The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cody Fisher PN routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Cool routine for adult shows and comedy clubs. Nice to have in the arsenal to add some spice in the right venue.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
I really want to know what the gag is now!
Jolyon Jenkins
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
It is analogizing the length of the ropes to the length of the male spectator's... well.. you can imagine.
Ray Pierce
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
I would consider this routine PG-13 at most! I only called it "Rated-R Raunchy Rope Routine" because I thought the alliteration was clever. I perform this routine for laid back corporate audiences, college crowds, and way back when I was working in comedy clubs. It never fails to get a BIG response from my audiences. I have never posted a video link of me doing this as I don't want the routine 'out there'.

However if anyone purchases this from me...and wants to see a private video of me performing this at Magic Island (Comedy and Magic Club) just contact me and I give you permissions to view to the private video so you can see first hand just how funny the routine can be. When I performed this at The Magic Castle...one lady in the parlour show was laughing so hard she almost stopped breathing and had to leave the room! I guess you could say I 'almost killed!'...

I will more than likely re-release this in the future as a DVD with my different performances and new bits I have added over the years...Oh yea and I will not forget to properly credit my friend Neal this time! Smile

Take care friends...

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 18:17, Ray Pierce wrote:
It is analogizing the length of the ropes to the length of the male spectator's... well.. you can imagine.

Oh, THAT one. Thanks.
Jolyon Jenkins
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Cody,

Thank you so much for offering a private video of you performing Sweet Dreams at the Magic Island (Comedy and Magic Club). I look forward to receiving this as I recently purchased this from you. May I ask when the link or video will be provided? PM has been sent to you.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
"On the road" right now with several trade shows...unable to share link until I get back to my home computer...

Cody
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
rick727
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX, USA
188 Posts

Profile of rick727
I purchased this routine from Cody before I met him. What you are buying is not only a line or gag, but an entire script. The script is extremely well written and professional. It is definitely a little "blue", but how "blue" is up for interpretation. You can also make it more or less "blue" as part of your presentation and delivery. Cody suggests, and I agree, that it is a PG-13 script, but could easily be made into an R rated script.

I bought the routine and was able to easily add it into a performance. In fact, I performed it at Magic Island in one of the close-up rooms, and it got a lot of laughs. Therefore, it is a great investment. I bought a script, studied it, adapted it, performed it, got laughs - it was money well spent.

Several months ago I had the opportunity to see Cody perform it at a show in Houston. The audience loved it. Anyone considering purchasing this should go to Cody's site and buy it. It is a great routine. If you perform for young children, then don't buy it. If you want a PG-13 rated (or R rated) routine, then buy it.
Practice what you present.

Present what you practice.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Having met up with Cody in El Paso almost a decade ago, I certainly remember him crediting individuals for some of the handling in his work at each step along the way. I must tell you as it relates to my experience, all of the material he presents and markets is very well thought out and clearly has been honed before live audiences.

Cody is one of the good guys in this business and actually it is somewhat difficult to picture and reconcile Cody even coming up with blue material based upon his boy scout demeanor in person.

I'm pleased that the men who posted on this thread, were able to reign in the ropes, sort of speak and work out some understandings with the wild horses.

Keep up the fine work Fisher!
ReyRey formally known as "*&^%$@"
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cody Fisher PN routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL