The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pinnacle The DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
To add to a previous post above, Pinnacle is now in its fifth printing. It has had tremendous staying power in the magic market. Those that haven't had the chance can check it out at:

http://www.magicbuzz.net

Thanks

Russ Niedzwiecki
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4979 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Hi Russ.

Im still performing Pinnacle, its a true classic among the jungle of rubber band magic effects. Nowadays I finish Pinnacle with Found Link, its also an excellent visual link.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I love pinnacle, It was one of the first effects that I purchased when I got heavy into slieghts. I was able to perform it within a couple of hours. This truely is a great effect. Thanks for this great Effect Russ!
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Be prepared however it CAN get VERY confusing
(But I still love it)
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
kidabra
View Profile
New user
Singapore
61 Posts

Profile of kidabra
I think visual effects like this requires no patter.
A patter could actually spoil the effect.
Like what Russ says, describing the actions is good enough.
sayer
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
64 Posts

Profile of sayer
I would recommend Dan Harlan´s Rubber band magic Vol. 1-3 . I figured out "Pinnacle". So, try it too.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
I recently purchased this and once I have it down I'm sure I will enjoy performing it. I can't wait to see the reactions. One thing I'd like to mention is to follow the advice on the very well produced DVD to use a largish ring. I currently only have a ring on the small side ( so far the ONLY drawback to being divorced Smile )that came with the Ring Leader DVD and it makes the moves more difficult. In the meantime I have been keeping my eyes open for a cheap larger ring to practice with . This is an excellent DVD and effect. I can see why it is in it's 5th printing.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
It doesn't hurt to practice this with a smaller ring if you plan on borrowing one to do this effect. I have large fingers myself so its hard for me to use normal sized rings. I normally just use my own but let people inspect it. The ring I currently use is a siz 14 and a half and its hard enough to use.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Thanks Corey, I'll keep working on it. I'm looking forward to the reactions I'm sure this will produce.Everyone at work was floored by CMH. I can't wait till they see this Smile
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
The first time that I used this in a performance type setting was in a room full of nurses. I have never heard people scream so much. all night they wanted me to perform it again. You will have lots of luck with this.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I really like Pinnacle, and purchased the DVD a couple years ago, shortly after it was released. I practiced it a lot and got it down good. I have to admit though, I was somewhat disappointed with the reactions it got on laymen. I tried it on a handful of people, and was never able to get a real good reaction. They weren't bad reactions, just not to the level of the reports that I read over and over. I would read a lot of glowing reviews about the routine and read about the great reactions it got - but I just wasn't getting those. After these less-than-stellar reactions, I kind of stopped doing the effect for a while and I moved on to other material.

Then one day at a little jam sessions with some magic buddies, I decided to bust out the Pinnacle routine and see if I can figure out what I might be doing wrong, and why my reactions weren't as big as I'd hoped. Well, all my magic buddies loved the routine just the way I was doing it and they seemed to give better reactions than the laymen! It was weird, but it rekindled my interest in the routine.

So lately, I have been practicing it again, and I will make another attempt at making it a permanent part of my arsenal. I will go back to the DVD and study it again, and try to see if there is something I can do to improve the look of my performance.

I also struggled with coming up with a nice presentation for the effect, but now I agree with what Russ said. I don't think it needs a story or much patter with it.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
194 Posts

Profile of Ilan
I really love this effect.
Thank Russ
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
194 Posts

Profile of Ilan
I really love this effect.
Thakns Russ

Ilan
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1119 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
The strength of the pinnacle link is that it can be routined into a linking ring and band sequence and used to 'cancel' certainother links. those who have been doing linking band stuff a while will work out what I mean. Think about your routine and sequencing to force the spectator into certain assumptions and then you have a very strong link! The pinnacle idea is genius and definitely worthy of study for a band worker. The only one weakness is making the inital pinnacle link seem to have a clearly defined moment of magic. The way I get around this is to do a different link first that allows for this 'clarity of the moment' and then get into the pinnacle sequence. The final separation of the ring is a very clear moment and allows for a strong finish. Congratulations Russ on a truly original and fun piece of magic!

Best,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Wow this topic is old...thought I would post a review I put up on another site awhile ago.
-----

Pinnacle by Russ Niedzwiecki (DVD)

Price: $16.95
Learning Curve: 3 hours or so...
Difficulty: Beginner

IN A FLASH: Impromptu gem in rubber band magic. 9/10

Pros:
- Very high impact routine.
- Completely impromptu (no gimmicks), with the exception of Miracle Finish...which really isn't needed.
- Fun to perform.
- Great navigation on DVD
- Russ is a great teacher.
- Comes with 2 high-quality rubber bands.
- $16.95 makes it the cheapest DVD in the shop!!

Cons:
- Phase 2 of the routine is pretty hard to learn (good thing for rewind).
- The demo on Penguin Magic shows the DVD menu with the selection of learning extra effects..which is misleading because it really only shows names of products where you can learn more rubber band magic.
-The Miracle Finish (last part of demo) is not practical to do in a walkaround situation.
-Size of ring can effect overall preformance (easier when it's larger, consider this a bonus of the review ; - ) ).

REVIEW:
Effect- Borrowed ring and a borrowed rubber band are used...The magician magically makes the ring penetrate the first strand of the rubber band. Then the rind VISUALLY melts through the second strand!! The ring is then penetrated back to the first strand...and finally the spectator can pull of the ring themselves (my little kicker for the ending). NOTE: this is the routine taught without the miracle finish! 9.5/10

Wow Factor- The reactions can range anywhere from woop-di-doo to complete amazement. I find that adults tend to like this trick more than teenagers...So in all it really isn't a reputation maker, but a great follow up for Crazy Man's Handcuffs!
8.5/10

Method- Because this is on DVD it is fairly easy to learn...Most will argue, but a majority would agree that Phase 2 is by far the most confusing. You will not get it your first time around, but with the help of rewind and the Penguin Boards you'll be sure to get it! Other than that the trick is overall ingeniously put together, method wise.
9/10

Value- $16.95 for this DVD is a joke! First of all the production quality is very good, and the material taught is worth a lot more. Not a lot to say here.
10/10

Final Score- 9/10 (not an average)
Definetely worth my dollar. Who knows maybe you will really like the concept of 'Miracle Finish' (shown at the end of the Penguin Demo)...which really is the only major flaw...If you're consider to buy...THEN BUY IT NOW!
~joeKing
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I really like this gem of an effect. I usually perform Pinnacle and Jay Sankey's Stirring Silver using the same ring. The spec. see the impossiblity with his or her own ring twice using two regular objects.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
I also still do this effect. I love rubber band magic!
Russ, you rock!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I do this at least once a day but I agree with the above I don't get the OOHHS and AAHHSS that I expected.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pinnacle The DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL