The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pinnacle The DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
557 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Brad, thanks for the information. I will also be checking out your review. Thanks again.
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Scott, thanks again for the thumbs-up!

And Kjellstrom- I am completely shocked at how quick that package got to you. From Michigan, USA to Sweden in three days. And that was over the weekend, too! That's really great!

truthteller- sorry you couldn't get the second phase yet. The DVD, though, does show the handling from more than one angle, and repeated several times so it can be understood.

Much of the mail I have received mentioning phase 2 has confirmed some additional work required as opposed to the other phases. Once it is worked through a few times, though, it's like riding a bike. Others have picked up on it immediately, too!

Robert, the 4 phase routine (the one you will be using regularly) is impromptu, as mentioned here. The "Miracle Finish" requires a set-up. Practically, the 4 phases is the meat of the routine, and the MF is just one of many ideas to add to an already complete routine.

Pinnacle is really an effect you will do even years from now. And to wrap a rubber band around your wrist and be ready to go? Really usable, and extremely visual.

Russ
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
557 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Russ,

Thanks for the additional info. I know I should of waited but I couldn't help it. I just purchased Pinnacle along with Lennart Green's Snap Deal booklet from Penguin Magic. Can't wait to learn it. Not a big fan of rubberband magic but that effect is just too strong.

Oh and congratulations on being my first video purchased as a DVD. All of my others are on VHS. Now if I ever got around to replacing or transfering those VHS tapes to DVDs...
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Russ,

I successfully did get phase 2, but only after repeated viewings. And yes, you do show it from several angles - and repeatedly, but sadly none of the angles are the one which needed to be shown. As it stands, each time the hand obscures the actual switch.

Having been production assistant on the ETM Money series, I understand how difficult teaching on video really is. It is not the cakewalk many people believe it to be. Nevertheless my criticism still stands, that one phase suffered from poor angle selection. The move itself, is pretty simple, once you can figure out what needs to be done.

Congratulations on a great trick. For the record, Marcus Eddy has figured out how to perform the Miracle Finish in a truly and completely impromptu manner. It must be seen to be believed.

Good luck with your product, Russ.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
725 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Could the same rubber bands be used for other band effects?
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Quote:
On 2003-11-10 20:29, illusioneer wrote:
Could the same rubber bands be used for other band effects?

Yes
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Pinnacle is great! I never really use to do rubber band tricks until I bought Pinnacle.
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
I met Russ at the Midwest Magic Jubilee. Firstly, let me say that he is a very friendly guy. I enjoyed watching him FRY people with this one.

I think it is one of the most beautiful, visual pieces of close-up magic there is. Quite a statement, don't you think. This was by far the biggest seller at the convention. It is truly a masterpiece, and sure to be an absolute classic.

It is very easy to learn, but will take a great deal of practice to perfect to the level needed for performance. I've been working on it since August, and I'm only becoming confident with it now. If not practiced dilligently, this will look like a series of moves, and not magic.

I can't say enough that this is a great purchase, and well worth the time required for a perfect piece of magic.

Russ, thanks for the personal coaching at the jubilee. You were a great help to me. See you on the road, somewhere.

Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4986 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
What can I say: I have performed Pinnacle many times and it is very fun to do. The spectators loves it. This is probably one of the cleanest and most visual close up effects yo can do impromptu. I did Pinnacle for an old magic friend Lars Rapp, Sweden at a swedish convention (Magic Weekend) recently and after the effect he said: - "ohh this was great, I think I must add this one to my arsenal".
And, this man is very hard to please when it comes to magic ... Smile

Mats G. Kjellstrom
http://www.mastermagic.info
JasonMythos
View Profile
New user
Hsinchu, Taiwan
86 Posts

Profile of JasonMythos
I re-watched the Pinnacle last night. Russ made this routine look like real magic.
Highly recommend!
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Great trick and all...but what patter or presentation do you guys use? I find it really lacks one Smile
~joeKing
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
Eric and Mats,

Thank you again for your compliments. I know you both have been having fun with Pinnacle, as I have. I really appreciate the glowing comments.

Joe,
As far as a routined patter, I've not really used much more than describing the action. It works well for me.

I have heard, several people describe some routined patter that were beautiful- one of which I recall described the ties between man and wife. If you are interested, PM me, and I will give you the gentleman's e-mail address.

BTW, the third printing of Pinnacle has been completed. It has surpassed what I thought could be done with a DVD of its type, and has confirmed to me that a single routined effect is becoming more of a popular trend in the magic market. Thanks to all of you who have validated this.

Russ Niedzwiecki
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
725 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
What do you mean by the Third printing of the Pinnacle DVD. Will another be coming out?
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
If you want to mass produce a DVD, they have to be duplicated by a company that can create them professionally in large quantities. The mass order of Pinnacle originally printed (DVD'S) has sold out. A second printing had to be ordered to keep up with the demand. This second printing has sold out as well.

The third mass printing is now available. It is the same DVD. The third printing mentioned was to just give readers the knowledge of Pinnacle's success to date.

Russ Niedzwiecki
mithrius
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
127 Posts

Profile of mithrius
I've had this for a few weeks now, and I still love practicing it in my car at stop lights. I have to agree with the earlier comments about Phase 2 as well...that phase took me at least five times longer to learn than the other 3 phases. Nonetheless, it was worth working through--visual and impromptu.

Jim
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
I actually found all the phases really simple and easy to pick up. He if there was any it was the last phase that I didn't understand, but that was because I believed it was magic, and didn't really know how it until I looked at the fingering. I think the problem alot of people have is because it is not mirrored or "performers veiw' like alot of DVDs are, so you kind of have to turn your body around to get a sense of left and right. But, it is a great trick. Thanks RUSS!
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
I also echo the praise comments for the Pinnacle DVD!
It's extremely well done. The menus are intuitive, the video quality is excellent, and the teaching is thorough and easy to learn from! Great job, Russ!

digitaltrip
NeptuneTQ
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of NeptuneTQ
This was one of the first impromptu effects I purchased, and I still love it! Perfect for those times inthe office when they just need to see something
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I'm gladed I purchased Pinnacle at the close-up convention this year. It is now one of my favorite close-up illusions. I never knew it was being talked about in this thread 'til now. Previously I started another thread about it here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......4&19

Someone else started it in another thread here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......=4&4
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
If you already keep rubberbands around your wrist PINNACLE is totally impromptu (umm, ok with out the 'miracle finish' but the first four phases just kill when you have borrowed someones ring). Killer effect and although I did struggle a bit with Phase II, the magi at my local shop (WILLIAM's MAGIC in Tucson AZ) helped me over the hump. PINNACLE gets two TTs way up!!
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pinnacle The DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL