The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Challenge Has Now Been Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1531 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
David Penn & Karen have proved that magic can be entertaining so will a magician ever make it to the grand final of Britain’s Got Talent?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1545 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I don't think so,no. Most of the time the whole aim of those competitions is to
sign someone up to Simon Cowells record label.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
I definitely think that one day one day magic will be in the final of BGT.

But what it's going to take, is either an act that is totally engaging with the audience i.e. powerful and direct mentalism. OR an effect which the audience has never seen anything like is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY fooling.

David and Karen were excellent in the semi-finals and they executed the effect near perfectly, I actually got goose bumps watching them! However, I was sitting in a room full of my friends and some of my family, 6 of us in total. As soon as the "magic" had happened, they all started giving the typical spiel "I know how they did it, he just *** and she just *** and the box works like ***."

Everyone one in the room with me, pretty much hit the nail on the head first time when they guessed the method. If they had not guessed the method, they all had their own explanation almost, immediately, after the effect occurred. Because, in essence, it was a typical Metamorphoses effect, presented under different circumstances.

Very rarely, we as magicians see an effect that leaves us totally speechless and clueless. Whether it be close-up or on stage, I'd reckon we've all seen at least one effect like that in our lifetimes, I know I certainly have, and I know the feeling is incredible when I see something like that.

So, imagine an effect which totally fools the audience and us as magicians at the same time, nation wide, on live on TV. Now THAT is an act which is going straight through to the final.

Just my opinion anyway. Again David and Karen did a amazing job, congratulations again!

Cheers,

Lloyd
Creative & Project Development at Ellusionist

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Challenge Has Now Been Set (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL