The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2011 entrée: Mark Lewis » » Ego! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Al Hastings
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh,PA
41 Posts

Profile of Al Hastings
Mr Lewis,

You mentioned many times before it is essential for a good performer to have an ego about them. Is having a big ego something you are born with or can you develop it?

-A
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
You can develop it. I am living proof of that. On the other hand Jolly Roger and James Munton were born with it.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I'm not exactly sure what Al is refering to. Are you talking about confidence, stage presence, or just an over the top personality. Is it a good thing or a bad thing that you two are talking about.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
I think it is essential for a good performer to have a big ego. I can't think of a single successful performer who doesn't have a giant ego. I bet the Dalai Lama has an enormous ego even though it goes against everything Buddhists believe in.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Yes. I agree with James here. Utterly essential.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
How does ego, and humility work together? I know that doing kid show will teach you lots of humility.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
It hasn't taught me any. It only teaches you humility if you are no good.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
842 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
What do you think about performers who have MASSIVE egos but very little talent to back it up?
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
This thread especially reminds me that there is a very important person missing from these wonderful conversations. I think it is a shame that Jolly Roger is banned. Perhaps Steve Brooks would consider allowing him back on a trial period?
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Typical Paul Pacific. He asks something that he knows will get me all het up and aggravated. My blood pressure has just risen through the roof because of his question. I am liable to have a stroke and drop dead and cheer up Don Driver considerably.

I must take a deep breath and calm down. I thank Steve for suggesting that I do not post in the other sections this week. If I go wandering about the magic Café I will find hordes and hordes and hordes and hordes and hordes and hordes and hordes and hordes and hordes and hordes and hordes of the kind of people you are talking about.

It used to upset me even more dreadfully until I read something that Al Goshman said in the foreword to his book. It calms me down. I always look at it when I am about to get upset over this awful matter. In fact I am going off to read it now before I have a heart attack.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Whatever did I say, James, that reminded you of Roger? Smile
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
I think that there is really far too much being said about Roger this week. And I think James is not helping matters by bringing him up. I will say one thing in Roger's favour though. He is NOT included in the type of person Paul is talking about. He is an excellent children's entertainer so he is entitled to be an egotistical one. I wish he would learn to do my Bongo Hat routine properly though.
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Oh, I just reread Paul's post and realized how my post must have sounded. I wasn't implying that Roger is one of those performers. It just seems that the subject of ego is close to Roger's heart.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Here is a link with a picture of Roger in his infamous "green dress" which we read about occassionally.

Indeed, it is actually a reproduction of a costume from the 1939 classic "The Wizard of Oz". I am an Oz expert owning several rare collectables from the iconic film.

I recognize Adrian`s designs anywhere!

i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/comicmagician/choice2.jpg
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The man who wears the floor length green satin dress claims that he has no ego.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Here is a link with a picture of Roger in his infamous "green dress" which we read about occassionally.

Indeed, it is actually a reproduction of a costume from the 1939 classic "The Wizard of Oz". I am an Oz expert owning several rare collectables from the iconic film.

I recognize Adrian`s designs anywhere!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/......ice2.jpg
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Yes a humble sofe spoken member of British royalty. He claims to be a distant cousin to the Queen, but I think his causin is a drag Queen.

How about a big round of applause for Mark who finally figured how to list his web address as his signiture. You will really be selling lots of books now Mark.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
I am now becoming irritated with all these mentions of Roger. It should be remembered that he is a banned member here and quite rightfully so. We are here to promote me not Roger. Besides Paul doesn't like Roger anyway or so he keeps telling me.

Since we are supposed to be talking about ego I suppose that I should mention that Paul Pacific is another one who loves himself. He keeps looking in mirrors, reflections in car windows, reflections in water etc; at himself muttering "mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest mentalist of them all?"

Now that Munton has shot this thread to hell with mention of Roger I am going elsewhere. Before I do, however, I want people to start looking at all the You Tube clips that came out today of me. After all I am an egotist too. Here is one of them. The others are beside it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMO5wcDvqRI&feature=related
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2225 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I have watched some of your youtube clips and I'm impressed. You know, the way your name keeps coming up the past week in all different types of media, you’re starting to remind me of Sarah Palin! Smile Do you twitter? Facebook? Have you ever considered running for political office? Or is your ego not quite that big?

Should I be so bold as to ask you your political philosophies, even though political talk is strictly forbidden on the Magic Café? From what I can gather from bits and pieces of your ramblings you seem to be liberal. No problem, we can’t all be perfect. Smile

PS Jolly Roger does indeed belong here at the Magic Café!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Roger is a right wing fanatic whereas I am a left wing liberal type as is Munton. Paul Pacific couldn't care less about things like that as long as he can laze about in the sun all day and continue his early retirement which he started at the age of 25 fifteen years ago. Just using his famous onion method. I once worked out he only does 18 days of work a year. Unbelievable.

I am not particularly passionate about politics and don't get too excited either way. I am very interested in Irish politics though since I was there at the very start of "the troubles" and right in the thick of it. I explain this in my memoirs. I never thought that I would be writing so much about the Irish troubles when I started the book but before long I found I was immersed in riots, bombs and bullets. Of course a cynic would say that wherever I go trouble follows. I was there the very first few weeks the trouble started so perhaps I did have something to do with it.

I don't understand social media and I don't know what you mean about my name coming up everwhere. I am indeed on that facebook thing and I have no idea what the hell it is for. Mind you, I suppose I wouldn't be the guest of honour here if it weren't for Facebook so I suppose it is useful after all.

I have always followed the great escapologist Murray's advice. he said "Talk about me good, Talk about me bad, it doesn't matter as long as you talk about me"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2011 entrée: Mark Lewis » » Ego! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL