The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2011 entrée: Mark Lewis » » Sucks Die Trick » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
James,

This trick has been absolute gold to me. I do perform this in my restaurant gigs and in corporate strolling. I perform it in my street show. I perform it in my close-ups shows, and in my stand-up shows, providing they can see. It's my opener, and often it's all I have to do (say, in the restaurant). It elicits appreciative applause; people really seem to enjoy it. For the close, the dice vanish. If I do another routine, often after the second routine, people are still saying "I still want to know where the dice went."

It's an anomaly, I'll admit. It's slow, it isn't flashy, in some ways it isn't even very magical, and yes, they have to do math. And in spite of all these ridiculous obstacles, it has served me time and again. In fact, I was hired for a restaurant gig after performing that trick.

So, while I understand you completely, when you say "it's boring," cause I kind of agree; I have gone farther with that one trick than any other, and people really seem to enjoy it.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Providing this Damian is not the goat Damian that bullies Glenn Bishop then I must say he sounds a sterling and astute chap. And I bet he is not the only one that thinks this is a good trick. It is perfectly obvious to me that Munton is quite incompetent.
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
I bet the reason people enjoy Damian's routine is because he VANISHES the dice at the end. That is indeed a good trick. He even admits that the actual Sucks Dice trick part is boring and that later people are asking ""I still want to know where the dice went." THAT is the only part of the trick they enjoy.

As for Magnus, I know exactly what "infectious" means and it is often used in the context of spreading disease.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2011 entrée: Mark Lewis » » Sucks Die Trick » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL