The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » the resurrXion trick- review please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
i saw this new T+R card trick on Hocus POcus i was wondering if anyone has it or knows about it. I would like to know what its like and see if its worth buying
Thanks,
Paul
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
I'm also very interested in this effect, the description look really like torn asunder. It could be great if someone could give some more information about this T&R effect
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
there is now a video clip of the routine on the Hocus-Pocus site. watch and decide.

s
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
I was ok with the routine right up till the end. why would you tear the restored card in half again before giving it out to the spectator? That makes no sense.
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of 1908
Yes...i agree with you afknight.May be you can say something like: Actually i really do not know how all these things...and tear the card leaving some comedy,mystery and play the role that you are confused with what just happened.I am doing this all time with a lot of my effects.Anyway,I have not seen the clip yet so i am going right now to watch it and tell you!
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
In my opinion, there's too much handling, and the ending is incredibly weak. If you're looking for the "latest," buy it. If you're looking for the "best," don't.

Larry D.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
It looks extremely good. But frankly, I'm just too used to my Ripped & Restored blend with Torn method of my own T & R routine to be buggered to take this one on.

I will however comment that you DO NOT have to finish it up like Nigel did. There are other options. Those who are familiar with the basic method to such T & R routines will know what I mean. If I reveal anymore, I might step over some boundries.

All in all, I think it looks ok, but I agree with Larry, it's a little too much handling. I DO like the fact that you can show back and forth, but with a little thought, the same can be done with effects like Torn.

With regards to the handling bit, I believe that you can customize the routine to be less 'handlish' Smile Nigel was just trying to show how clean it was, you don't have to do it as much as he did.

Well, those are my thoughts, I think he did a pretty good job though!

Take care,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
It does state that it won't be available till the end of August, so we will have to wait for a review. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
So...

Anyone has ordered it or received it?
Any review please....

Hengky
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
ok cool, this one was right on schedule. I was worried that a new version of T&R card wasn't coming out this month. Smile Smile Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Who would want this, seriously? I watched the demo and I was fine with it throughout, (although it seemed to offer nothing new or substantial in this overworked plot) but I laughed uncontrollably, incredulously at the end- tearing the card in half afterward basically negates the effect. No matter what clever ploy you use to try to justify it, it stinks. Why choose to end with such a weak ruse when you can learn Guy Hollingworth's Reformation and restore it completely? I actually have this theory that Reformation users intentionally try to build up the effect's reputation for being difficult (which it is not so much) in order to persuade others from using it, but that's another story.

It's sad that enthusiastic magicians are assualted with all of these poor clones of such a wonderful and original effect. It's as if there's another piece-by-piece restoration released every week always promising to be cleaner and easier than previous methods. If I am correct, he doesn't even need to tear the card COMPLETELY in half at the end, I guess he just couldn't think of anything else (note that I did not try to see how it was done in the demo, it's just that all of these variations work in quite similar ways so it was obvious to me).

P.S. - The Reformation is extremely difficult and none of you should even attempt to learn it. Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Michele
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
301 Posts

Profile of Michele
I've ordered it to have a try. But not received it yet!

But I don't think Reformation is extremely difficult to learn. Just kept on practice it. I mastered it after 5 months.
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Michele,

Could you give us A HONEST REVIEW for this trick????

Hengky
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
There are visually better T&R's in my opinion. For example,

Torn by Daniel Garcia.
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
levitate
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of levitate
Yeah man, reformation is a pipe dream and a TV trick. Don't bother . . .

Michael
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2004-07-23 18:29, levitate wrote:
Yeah man, reformation is a pipe dream and a TV trick. Don't bother . . .

Michael

You should tell Guy Hollingworth that... or better yet, a local magician I know here that DOES perform it for paying customers....

BTW.. I agree with Marko about his thoughts on "ResurrXion"...

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
robsigns
View Profile
New user
Southern California
74 Posts

Profile of robsigns
I've not seen this version, but I've seen "Torn" by Daniel Garcia several times. I've seen both Daniel and others perform it and when done well, it truly looks like you just touch two pieces together and they stick magically. The first restoration is just about the most magical thing I've ever seen.
"Torn" is also pretty easy relatively speaking. Not self-working by any means, but certainly not one of the more difficult T&R routines out there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » the resurrXion trick- review please (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL