The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2011 entrée: Mark Lewis » » Slidini Silks » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Reverend:
If I remember correctly, you perform Slidini Silks with cotton handkerchiefs.
I have attempted this trick with cotton bandanas without much success.
Can you discuss your experience with this trick, do you have any tips for performing it?
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
I have messed about with the trick but it is not part of my repertoire. And I think you misunderstood what I said about cotton handkerchiefs. I was referring to the legendary street magician Charlie Edwards who only did it with cotton handkerchiefs. Charlie's routine is in Routined Manipulation Finale by Lewis Ganson and it is interesting to note that this version of the trick was written up by Ganson way before he ever wrote up the Slydini version. I actually prefer the silk handkerchiefs. They seem a hell of a lot easier to work.

I never met or saw Charlie Edwards work. I believe Harry Murphy did though. I did hear a comment from a street market grafter that knew him. He said, "They offered Charlie the London Palladium if he fixed his bad teeth. He refused to do it saying "I don't need it, I am doing all right on the street"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2011 entrée: Mark Lewis » » Slidini Silks » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL