The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2011 entrée: Mark Lewis » » About Readings » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I have seen you write that if Richard Webster were starting out again he would have concentrated on doing shorter readings in an entertainment context, rather than longer readings in a private capacity. What advice have you for someone who wants to try this approach now?
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Don't get into psychic readings in the first place. But Richard Webster did write this and in fact he has put out a little book about it. I am not sure where you can purchase the book but I am sure somewhere here can fill in the information. He is probably right when he says this. Of course you still have the problem of marketing it but it is indeed a fertile field. I have often proposed to a client that they hire me to do strolling magic for an hour, sometimes a little cabaret act, and during this act I announce that I will be in a quiet spot doing readings if anyone wants it. On occasion the stand up act is eliminated and I just tell people at the end of my strolling magic wanderings that they can find me in the quiet spot later. The line forms automatically. People love to have their fortune told.

The readings are always the hit of the evening. And you are in a strong position. I can do close up magic better than anything else I do but the trouble is that you are in a position of weakness when you do it. You have to approach people, which although I can do it and do it well, you are in a much stronger position when they come to you as they will if you are a reader. I have done readings (no magic) when other magicians have been present at the gig. I always blow them out of the water since palmistry is far more popular than prestidigitation especially when word gets round how good you are.

In Ireland where you live you will probably have no competition. As you know I lived there too and did very well with the serious readings. Again I had very little competition and it was terribly easy to market. All I did was put a small classified ad in the newspaper and to my astonishment had hundreds of clients. Mind you I tried the same thing in Toronto and nobody phoned at all. Part of this is because there was no competition. There are of course the numerous gypsy fortune tellers in Ireland among the tinkers but they are a different breed entirely and are not in competiton with you.

I am glad you posted. It reminds me that I am procrastinating over finishing the blurb for the second of INternational Magic's DVD on this subject. As you know and were present at in October of last year I put together a two part lecture for International Magic on this very subject. One of the DVDs is already out there and can be obtained from International. Oddly enough I have never actually seen it myself. The other one is finished but Martin MacMillan is awaiting me doing the blurb for it on the cover. I have seen this second one and was shocked to see how old and decrepit I was looking. I was pleased however to see my niece in the DVD for a fair portion of it. She is very interested in the Tarot. She is in showbusiness too as a singer/songwriter. She used to be part of a duo that had a good run for a while. Anybody remember Pooka? Her name is Sharon Lewis and she has a new album out. There. I might as well give a family member a plug.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Hi Mark.

Do you have any suggested books or other products where one could learn palmistry?

Thanks in advance.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Richard Webster. Nobody else. He is the way the truth and the light in these matters.

Oh, I completely forgot. My brain must be gone. There IS somebody else. Mark Lewis. I know him personally and can confirm he is an absolute genius in matters such as these. Two alternatives here. You can go to International Magic and order my palmistry DVD from them or you can contact me directly since I have a completely different DVD on the subject which was put out in 1998. Maybe it is a good idea to get both.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
In case your readers already own all of your books and DVDs, Mr. Lewis, Mr. Doug Dyment has offered a page on his website http://www.deceptionary.com so that Mr. Webster's books can be ordered directly from the author. It is here:

http://www.deceptionary.com/webster.html

The books will be airmailed from New Zealand.

Woland
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Julian Moore's speed learning palmistry system is also very good to give you the basics in quick time. I am looking forward to the two DVDs.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
I am a major fan of Richard Webster and can recommend everything he writes on this subject. On another note I am very glad Tony is here. I wish he had chimed in earlier in the week since he is asking very sensible questions.

Incidentally I doubt very much that everyone has my material mainly because it has only just come out. And one of the International Magic DVDs isn't even out at all. I believe it comes with various PDFs of the notes I distributed at the lecture. Some of them actually came from Richard Webster who very kindly gave permission for them to be included.

While we are talking about Richard Webster this is what he said about my illustrious memoirs "The Lives of a Showman" (which can also be obtained from International Magic as well as from me):
....................................................................................

Once I started reading it, I couldn't put "The Lives of a Showman" down. Mark Lewis has had a fascinating life, and tells it well. I laughed out loud at some of the stories, and almost cried at others. I've been fortunate enough to spend a bit of time with Mark, and had heard some of the stories before. Reading them brought those memories back, and I could hear Mark's voice as I read. This book contained a number of surprises, too. I didn't expect to read an extremely unusual and sad love story, for instance. It must have been hard for Mark to write about this, and it shows how kind and compassionate he is. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
..................................................................................

Not that I am trying to advertise my products of course...................
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2011-06-04 16:35, Mark Lewis wrote:
Richard Webster. Nobody else. He is the way the truth and the light in these matters.

Oh, I completely forgot. My brain must be gone. There IS somebody else. Mark Lewis. I know him personally and can confirm he is an absolute genius in matters such as these. Two alternatives here. You can go to International Magic and order my palmistry DVD from them or you can contact me directly since I have a completely different DVD on the subject which was put out in 1998. Maybe it is a good idea to get both.

I would like to order this DVD from you and a copy of your book next week.

Thanks.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
OK Glenn. You have my e-mail address. Contact me next week and I will sort it all out for you. For some odd reason my psychic and hypnosis products are not on my website so to any Magic Café member who is interested should contact me privately by e-mail. The address is on my website in my signature unless Munton has done some bloody thing to it again which links to his products instead of mine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2011 entrée: Mark Lewis » » About Readings » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL