The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Anyone have this backdrop stand? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Considering getting this, anyone have one? Any good?

Thanks,
Todd

https://midwestmagic.net/shop/item.asp?itemid=11354
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Its TINY. Also, very expensive for what you get. Look into a Jet Set from abbots, or perhaps a photo backdrop stand. You can get a photo backdrop stand on ebay for under $80 for a 10x12. Throw in $25 for some walmart flat sheets with the top seam ripped so it can slide onto the pole, and you have an inexpensive, nice looking backdrop.
-Matt
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Matt, now that you mention it, it is tiny! It's only because I have a source where I can get it for under $100 that I was considering it.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Even at $50, it wouldn't be worth it. Most show setups are more than 4 feet wide.
-Matt
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
Four feet wide is pretty much useless. Six feet high isn't any good either. For two hundred dollars I'm sure you can find something better.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
I know it's expensive but Jeff Jones' Backdrops are amazing!! I got the larger one for my shows and get nothing but compliments on it! Gotta love credit cards!!
MagicByTJ
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of MagicByTJ
I second the Jeff Jones Backdrop! Probably one of the best investments I have made. It looks so professional!
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I used Jet Set style backdrops for years but never just one. I usually used 2 linked together with some emt conduit in the middle for the main drop with a portal in the center with a third frame in the back with a black piece on it to back the entrance opening. Those were the days! Now I have pipe and drape I carry with me for most shows so everything is modular. I have 7 foot high drapes and 12 foot as well so I can scale it to the room and have drapes for the wings and side masking. I also have about 5 or 6 stands that go to 18 feet for really big rooms if needed but I rarely use them. Generally if I'm working that big, it's in a theater so I just hang the drops on the existing pipes.
Ray Pierce
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
The Jeff Jones backdrops do look really nice. Time to save up some money...
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Don't buy anything else. Jeff Jones ROCKS with his backdrops. Great quality and nothing but awesome.

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
Balloon&MagicGuy
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Balloon&MagicGuy
Jeff Jones backdrops are AMAZING! I also am a proud owner and get lots of compliments about using it. It just adds to the whole presentation and looks professional. The set-up and breakdown is quick and easy. Jeff Jones also released additional backdrops with programmable lighting too. Great for those who want to incorporate the lighting in the presentation.

BalloonMagicGuy
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I am a dealer for the Jeff Jones backdrop, if you have any questions, feel free to PM or call me. I can assist you with any questions you may have

Buzz
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Well, turns out I found an old backdrop stand in my basement that I'd forgotten about, so everything's good! It's over 6 feet tall and about 10 feet wide, but also can be made smaller. It was bought from a photographer's supply web site, made as a backdrop for photo sessions. It came with a black muslin 'curtain', but I'll be looking for some nicer material from the local fabric shop. It's not super strong, but it should do the trick. Cost me around $100, I think.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Anyone have this backdrop stand? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL