The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Cane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MoeMagic
View Profile
New user
Saudi Arabia
52 Posts

Profile of MoeMagic
Hey there,

Which Dancing Cane is this guy using? I'm sure it's not Mikames, because I own Mikames Dancing cane and it does not look like that all. I really wonder.

Here is a photo of it.

http://imageshack.us/f/220/dancingb.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/600/dancing2m.jpg/

And lastly,

http://imageshack.us/f/6/interviewwithmichopt118.jpg/

I hope you can help me.

- Moe
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This cane looks like a home made model. Although not all manufacturers around the world advertise in this part of the World. This is not anything that is on the market, it is either home made or custom made.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
It could be a Creekmore cane as I have a custom one from him and it looks different from the other canes he made. Of course being that Mr. Creekmore has been dead awhile, this gentleman from this picture had to have the cane for some time or bought from someone who did.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
It looks very much like Losander's. He used one which looked just like this in his "art of levitation" dvds. Not sure if the cane is still on his website but you might want to check it and contact him. The gimmick works in the same way as his wand.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
In 79' I bought a cane from England. Hollowed out balsa wood and weighed 2 oz., does anyone know who's cane that was?
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
I've checked his website and it's not there anymore. He used to sell them and I remember seeing him with them at Blackpool a couple of years ago.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ian, if it was black with white tips it was made by Harry Stanley. If it has a sparkle on hte knob, then it was a Repro 71 Magic Cane.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-06-08 09:24, wmhegbli wrote:
Ian, if it was black with white tips it was made by Harry Stanley. If it has a sparkle on hte knob, then it was a Repro 71 Magic Cane.

Classic black with white tips, no sparkle. I smashed it in a card door and ended a nice performance run. Would love to find one again.
I performed it one time in 83' at the Wilshire Ebel in Los Angelos PCAM show. I was the emcee for the show and adlibbed a line without thinking when I said "I really love this cane, Like a lover, I feel rather attached to it."
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Just hold your patience and onto your seat,
Michael Mosher is again going to offer his smash hit canes in a limited number.
They have been improved, they are the very lightest, and the look like real life canes.

Magically,
Walt
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I've been using my Creekmore for years. I hate to think of eventualy replacing it.
Ray Pierce
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Me too. I cherish my brown faux jeweled studded cane that Abe made for me. I miss him, he was a character. Ray, did you buy your cane directly from Abe, or did you buy it from a dealer?
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Actually I was at Hollywood Magic when he came into town. He had made a dancing cane for David C. and I bought a matching one from him. We sold the other ones he made as well as a few of the pro models. It's still going strong after touring around the globe all these years!!
Ray Pierce
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Not only did he make the best canes, but he had some good moves with it. I loved the one where he would make the cane go in a circle then slow it down in midair until came to a dead stop. I always closed with that move.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I have three Creekmore canes in my collection: the classic black and white dress cane; a wood finish cane with a white top; and a wood finish cane with a gold top with a ring of gems below it. When I lecture on the dancing cane, I sometimes demonstrate the moves with all three canes just to provide some variety, and add the Fantasio dancing/vanishing cane with my "Enchanted Walkingstick" routine as well.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
This was my cane

White tips, gloss finish hollowed out balsa wood.
-----------------
Today I use my $2 special
plastic shower rod cover.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Cane (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL