We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill in Lemon Attitude (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ViolinKing
View Profile
Veteran user
a loyal user has no more than
307 Posts

Profile of ViolinKing
Steve Brooks has provided a straight forward Bill to lemon routine on this site. I would like to try a show soon enough, and I would like to include a Bill to Lemon trick, without having to pay and learn some new method. Reading the front page of money madness reminded me that his routine required nothing, in terms of props, that I didn't already have.

***SO***, without any more preamble, who amongst you has done the Brooks routine for bill to lemon? What attitude do you have when performing? Is there any internal script you use that you find works? (What I mean by internal script is some word or thought you repeat to yourself when performing in order to remind yourself to present your face, posture or voice in a certain manner.)

I will admit, I don't think I could pull off being relaxed when it comes time to nonchalantly record the bank note number on a pad of paper. If I recall correctly, Steve's routine indicated how he chats with the crowd. Since I have never performed a show, the only rapport I have ever built has been when performing for family and friends.

If anyone can, please provide some advice, perhaps a stepping stone I could use in order to find a relaxed off beat with participants.
Stapper
View Profile
New user
the netherlands
91 Posts

Profile of Stapper
Well, think of it, the fist time, there is noting to lose.
You can learn so much, so don't worry and go for it.
If you like, you can look on performances on youtube.
But I don't think it will be helpfull.
My advice: be yourself, go for it, and enjoy.
Realy, that's it.
KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
There is really no substitute for doing it that first time. I thought I would be nervous the 1st time on stage, but it went off like clockwork, and I actually had a volunteer read off the number and write on a big white board I use for another effect. The number on the original bill, which is burned and ashes rubbed on lemon, is identical to the one inside the lemon. She reads off the number in lemon as I point to white board.

It takes one good success to make it all sink in just how powerful simple misdirection is for making the pieces of this effect work. I cold have paraded an elephant across the stage with the simple misdirection . . . "anyone got a $20 now?" you've done your rehersal . . .now you have to trust the audience a little to believe and let you do what you do.
Nick Sasso
part-time Samurai conjurer
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Bill to Lemon happens to get some of the strongest comments I'm asked after performance. Learned my first version from Mark Wilson's Encyclopedia of Magic....you cannot go wrong my friend. It plays very big!
r2
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill in Lemon Attitude (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL