The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Calling from google (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
I've added my company details to lots of listings sites to try to improve the SEO. It seems to be working, but one of the side effects is sales calls from SEO companies.

Today's was interesting, it went something like this...

"hello I'm calling from google about improving your ranking with us"
"I'm sorry who are you? Are you really calling from google?"
"something sales company, on behalf of google"
"So you are not calling from google?"
"no if I was calling from google I'd be in California. An allocation has come up to put your company in first place with google."
"I'm not interested, goodbye"

I'd only just woken up when they called, I wish I'd been more awake so I could of kept the conversation going to hear the rest of his lies.
Pity I can't remember the company name he gave.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
These are tough times, and tough times call for both good and bogus companies to push their product or service, many are unpleasantly aggressive today.

It is also a hard cold fact that the more visible you are in the WWW, and we all want to be very visible on the WWW, the more emails and calls we'll be hassled with.

For me the crucial words are:
"Thank you, please have your manager permanently take me off all your calling and other lists now, goodbye."

If they have any ethics, or legal knowledge at all-- but you remain calm and polite this generally works.

It is just a "cost of doing business" these days and just factor some annoyance into your business day.

Best of luck, Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Calling from google (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL