The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » 2000 3 card monte, ultimonte, ultramonte....... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

devin_devil
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of devin_devil
I’m having a hard time trying to decide which are the montes worth buying?? There is ultimonte, 2000 three card monte, ultramonte, one card monte, two blank monte, humbug monte, cocktail monte....... n lots more. Could anyone plz recommend me some of the better ones. .... I already have stand-up monte. Smile Smile
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
The majority vote on here will undoubtedly be for Skinner's Ultimate 3 Card Monte. Deservedly so, it is a great one. However, I would recommend learning a real, ungaffed monte routine as it's cleaner and not so much harder than all the marketed, gimmicked versions.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Exactly!!! I would suggest you learn a Straight (ungaffed) Monte and then your performance of the gaffed effects will be just that much better. I would recommend the DVD Daryl does the Full Monte to get you started and then progress from there.

I also agree with Skinner's as the premier gaffed Monte effect.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Another vote for Skinner's gaffed monte.
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Go with Rob's advice, it's the best thing for you.

Craig
Who is John Galt?
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
Gaffed: Skinner's 3 Card Monte

Ungaffed: Daryl's

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
hokeypokey
View Profile
New user
Chicago
71 Posts

Profile of hokeypokey
Skinner's 3 Card Monte is terrific. I am a beginner and was able to perform it fairly well after practicing for several nights.

Daryl's video is very good for learning an ungaffed version, which I am working on.

Ortiz also has an ungaffed routine in his book At the Card Table, which looks pretty good. Even better, he has a terrific routine for Mexican Poker which is similar to 3 card monte. His routine does not require gaffs and just a few easy sleights (and I mean easy -- remember, I am a beginner)

I have read good things about Color Monte, which I am going to try next.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » 2000 3 card monte, ultimonte, ultramonte....... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL