The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Questions after watching James Dimmare's latest dove DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22443 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Let's not get carried away with the starving bit. It is not starving your animals if you feed them at say 5am every day with at treat later in the day. We had a cat that got fed at 5am and if we were a minute late, she came and woke us up. Consistency is the key to feeding animals. What you don't want is to have food all time in the cage and forget about them. That does no one any good, the animals or the owner.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2011-09-14 18:06, wmhegbli wrote:
Let's not get carried away with the starving bit. It is not starving your animals if you feed them at say 5am every day with at treat later in the day. We had a cat that got fed at 5am and if we were a minute late, she came and woke us up. Consistency is the key to feeding animals. What you don't want is to have food all time in the cage and forget about them. That does no one any good, the animals or the owner.

My cat and all my birds eat when they, you know, feel like eating. That whole "birds will eat until they explode" is not true. At least not with doves.

It never posed any problem with none of my animals. Keep in mind that my cat plays fetch and my birds are even whistle-trained. I guss it's because they dn't have to look @ the clock all the time, lol.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
magicboy7
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
45 Posts

Profile of magicboy7
Just finished watching James Dimmare's new tape on doves. What a world we live in when we can sit down and spend time with a man who has spent a lifetime working on his craft . He is sharing concepts that took him well over 25 years to acquire. Many Thanks for this wonderful learning tool.
genemccarthy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of genemccarthy
The primary lesson to be learned by James Dimmare is his respect and treatment of doves. He will not load until right before he goes on. And if the theatre and backstage is Sweltering hot he will tell the producer the damage to the birds and negotiate opening instead of closing or cancelling the performance all together. I respect that completely. Others have been known to interrupt this as being fickle or 'difficult to work with' but such is not the case. That respect t for the birds and the audience is why he is so highly rated. I hope to work with James again.

A quick aside, Gerald Taylor of Melbourne, who wrote 'Magical NIghts' (a book worth buying) stated to me after seeing James performances in Melbourne, stated, "He made me believe in the art of Magic again."

Correct me if I'm wrong James or have misinterpreted anything within that paragraph.

gene
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Questions after watching James Dimmare's latest dove DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL