The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Nesting Alarm Clocks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I just purchased a used set of 5 nesting old style alarm clocks.
This is my idea for my routine. Sometime during my magic show an alarm goes off. I walk over to a box and pull out an old style alarm clock after acting like I've just turned the alarm off while it was still in the box. I then excuse myself and say something like I had set it to remind me to do something. I give it to my assistant who carries it off the stage. I make no big deal about it but I show the box it was in empty. I then start to perform the same trick I was doing before. About 10 seconds into my trick, again an alarm goes off. I act really surprised and go over to the same box and pull out another alarm clock. I give this to my assistant and again show the box empty. This happens 3 more times. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to pull this off yet. I have not received my clocks yet.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I've received my nesting clocks and I love them. I also have my entire routine figured out. I found an excellent production box I'm going to make. I hope to have the box made by next week.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Do you have a kicker (finale) yet? I think it was Count Artel who used to finish by producing a miniature "grandfather's clock". It might also be funny to open your jacket and show lots and lots of alarm clocks attached to the inside lining (like street hawkers display watches) , all going off (ringing) at the same time.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Now that would be really, really funny.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Well I bought the wood I needed to make my Nesting Alarm Clock production box. I bought a 15 second sound effect of an alarm clock ringing. I hope to have a video in a couple of weeks.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
My box is made. I just have to do some sanding before I paint it. It looks and works great.
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Sounds like it should be a great routine.
I'm looking forward to seeing your video.
Bob.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I have everything ready for a practice tomorrow. I'm not totally sure yet about my ending of the routine.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
You didn't like my other endings, so here's another! (Like Mr. Know-All, I just don't give up!) How about a giant stack of alarm clocks (sort of like a stack of goldfish bowls except various sizes of alarm clocks in a stack, all ringing loudly when produced). You can often find cheap wall clocks in Dollar Stores to use as the large clocks at the bottom and attach them together with duct tape to make them pleat fold for loading. Produce a couple of clock faced silks from your production box and hand them to your assistant who loads in the production stack of clocks.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I actually like your idea with lots of alarm clocks attached to the inside lining of my jacket. I just need time to gather enough clocks.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
In that case, visit your local craft store and just buy clock faces and hands, the type crafty people use to make clocks. That's all you need since they don't have to actually work. You could even print up clock faces and hands on your computer, cut them out and cover them with shiny plastic cut from packaging material. For a quick "flash" that would be good enough to get the joke across. Recording the sound of lots of alarm clocks all ringing at once is another challenge.
Professor Spellbinder

wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Hey I like the idea of printing the clock faces off of my computer. They can be of different sizes. I can glue the paper onto balsa wood to give them support. I'm going to see what sound effects I can get off of the internet as far as a bunch of clocks ringing at once. It would not surprise me if that is not on there somewhere.
Thanks for the idea.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I figured out a way to make the hands of the clocks spin around when you open your coat, but don't ask me about it because I might tell you.
Professor Spellbinder

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Nesting Alarm Clocks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL