The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Floating lady rip-off (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Hey guys check this floating lady rip-off I found on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMv20eTI9dk

...or maybe is a Tenyo original modified??...not sure
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
It's once again the same guy which have make home made ultra tube and many other Tenyo and sold it on his shop etc ...
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
My PC calls an alert when visiting his website (Caution: Malware!) so be careful!!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2011-06-16 07:20, stereo wrote:
It's once again the same guy which have make home made ultra tube and many other Tenyo and sold it on his shop etc ...

Indeed, I tried to e-mail, him but no response. Also he deleted a comment of mine on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LdbE419F......eo_title ... Smile

He does uses excellent music though ... Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
There are currently two Floating Lady's on e-bay. I was suprised to see the Doug Henning version in the standard Tenyo packaging. My understanding was that it was only avilable in the clear bag packaging with the Henning/Steinmeyer instructions. Guess I was wrong. Would love to have it, but with a $350 opening bid... not likely to happen.

John
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2011-06-27 15:30, J M Talbot wrote:
There are currently two Floating Lady's on e-bay. I was suprised to see the Doug Henning version in the standard Tenyo packaging. My understanding was that it was only avilable in the clear bag packaging with the Henning/Steinmeyer instructions. Guess I was wrong. Would love to have it, but with a $350 opening bid... not likely to happen.

John

I would be suspicious.

AFAIK all Hennings were polybagged.

It would be easy for someone to save the original packaging and simply place a Henning FL in it, not hard at all. This sort of thing would even make sense, someone may have had the packaging buried and the original FL loose, sold it, or the like.

I have several Henning's in my collection, all are polybagged and this was their standard distro.

I would be very surprised if one got placed into Tenyo packaging as so few were made, but hey, only the head changed so you never know. I'd still be suspicious unless someone can confirm definitively that these came packaged.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
That's what I thought, I have a number of the Henning items as well (unfortuntely not the floating lady). IThe listing is gone but it was advertised as new in packaging. Not impossible that one made it into regular packagaing but probably unlikely.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
There is absolutely NO Doug Henning Floating Lady in Tenyo package. It is Poly bagged or in one of the Doug Henning Sets, but not in Tenyo package.

Does this matter? ... Lol no ... however I would like to own a Dough Henning Floating Lady in mint condition nonteheless ... a mint Billscape for trade is my offer ( depending of the condition it is in ...) Smile
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 21:40, magic patagonia wrote:
Hey guys check this floating lady rip-off I found on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMv20eTI9dk

...or maybe is a Tenyo original modified??...not sure

I think the music is not original either.

Didn't George Michael do the pop version of the song?

P.S. I am looking for an unopened version of this which I would pay for, or do a trade for an unopened and new "Eye of the Idol", or another Tenyo.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Do you want an unopened FL because it's rare or because you like the trick? IMHO, it's a terrible trick, very toy like (albeit they are toys, some are more so than others!:).

I have one opened and use it for my Kids' magic shows.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-02-10 05:08, Houdini103126 wrote:
IMHO, it's a terrible trick... I have one opened and use it for my Kids' magic shows.

:worry:
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2012-02-10 17:32, simcoscor wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-10 05:08, Houdini103126 wrote:
IMHO, it's a terrible trick... I have one opened and use it for my Kids' magic shows.

:worry:

OxyMORON!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Floating lady rip-off (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL