The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2012 ! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
The latest issue of Genii magazine has their annual review (just explanations, not critiques) of Tenyo's releases, and introduces the collection with some interesting commentary. According to the article, the effects we consider the most clever and effective are only a minuscule portion of Tenyo's business. In reality, they sell far more toys, puzzles, novelties etc. that appeal to laypeople. A successful effect to them, is one that sells well (it is after all, a business). Last year, their biggest seller was Cloud Money, one that we considered to be one of 2011's less-impressive efforts. Yet, the Tenyo counters that populate many of Japan's department stores sold these like gang-busters.

So, I wouldn't hold your breadth hoping they'll look too seriously at our concerns regarding a slow-down in Tenyo-brand creativity. Just my humble opinion.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Still looking for -132 THE NINJA Experiment, good condition
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Wally is it possible that I can't send you a PM? Anyway, I'm updating my website now ( http://www.tenyo.be ) and loads of tricks are yet to be added to my trading/selling page in the next days and weeks, so take a look there once in a while and perhaps I'll find a Ninja Experiment (not sure yet, everything is stored in boxes for now).

And Glenn, you're absolutely right with your post my friend Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I'm also accepting offers for my Ninja Experiment (the foam shows sings of age, but the whole apparuts looks and works smoothly).
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2011-11-19 22:54, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Last year, their biggest seller was Cloud Money, one that we considered to be one of 2011's less-impressive efforts.

Where you find this information ???

It's just crazy ... Cloud money interest was more hight than 4-D sprise or Trap box or Ghost Lamp ? wooooowwwwwwww !
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Sorry I think you find this on Genii magasine ? no ? XD
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2011-11-20 05:18, Killertweety wrote:
Wally is it possible that I can't send you a PM? Anyway, I'm updating my website now ( http://www.tenyo.be ) and loads of tricks are yet to be added to my trading/selling page in the next days and weeks, so take a look there once in a while and perhaps I'll find a Ninja Experiment (not sure yet, everything is stored in boxes for now).

When I see your list I feel disapointed...
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I finally got the tricks too ... super-mega-giga-fast shipping from Hitomi Smile. You can read my reviews on my website. Being brief, I like Flying Carpet and Third eye the most. The other three are so-so or just plain bad (Tower Of Dice - the most complicated and awkward handling I've ever seen on a Tenyo item!).
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Ok now this is service ... . I was quite hard on Tower Of Dice on my website and an hour or so ago (a few hours after the reviews were published) I received an e-mail from Hitomi. Now what could that be? Well she complimented me on my website (didn't even know she knew it existed) and told me she asked her husband to make an instructional video of Tower Of Dice. She probably didn't make the video for me alone (duh! Smile ) but it feels great anyway. And I must admit, after seeing her husband's handling (magicians point of view) it al makes a lot more sense. It will never be among my personal 'Tenyo's finest inventions' but it isn't that bad afterall perhaps.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
I really like Tower of Dice. This one is one of the few newer tricks that reminds me of the old classic Tenyo. No it's not in my top 10 but it is still a lot of fun. Even though I know how it works I still enjoy watching all the dice come out of the little tube.I didn't really find the handling awkward at all and everyone I've showed it to really liked it as well. I was a little worried about ditching the gimmick but it is designed to be ditched quickly and so far no one has noticed it.

Incidentally, although it didn't impress me when I saw it, people liked Magic Pop Up as well.
They liked the double mystery of how the ball fit in the envelope as well as the fact that it was only the color they picked.

By the way did you notice that you can get a preview of the Flying Carpet effect by looking at the back of the box with the glasses on?
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2011-11-20 13:00, stereo wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-11-20 05:18, Killertweety wrote:

When I see your list I feel disapointed...

Too much treasure in one place !
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Regarding the flyng carpet: really you can move the black pad (the one with the blue dots) when you are standing above it in the flying carpet?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Yes you can... a little bit of clever handling but with the glasses on looks perfect.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2012 ! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL