The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Promoting: Cut the Strings by myself (Timon Krause ;) ) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Hey Fellows!

How are you doing?

I'll take a moment to announce my first release to the mentalism community: It's a book called "Cut the Strings" and available from http://www.magicbookshop.com/product_inf......id=16147

Basically I started the book 11 months ago when I came to New Zealand from Germany as part of an exchange programme. It turned out that the company I went with didn't want me to hypnotise people and, being a minor, I had to obey after a while. "Well", I thought, "If I can't demonstrate my knowledge I'll at least write it down." - so that was where my book began. First I didn't even plan on releasing the scripts but when I met Richard Webster he encouraged me to do so. Afterwards I got in contact with many more professionals and they all encouraged me to release "Cut the Strings". So here it is, freshly released (:

What's it about? The routines from "Cut the Strings" evolved from my performances in which I like to combine therapy-style or coaching segments with entertainment. All of them highly rely on psychology to work and do not need any gimmicks. I always thought a spectator could differentiate very well if something happens by actualy psychological means ( the 'real deal' ) or if it's just a trick. This book contains routines that are the real deal and work with the help of psychological tools. Some of them can be enhanced by using a trick, but most of them shouldn't need any trickery at all to be strong.

What am I proud of? When I first started to write the book, I had a lot of people telling me that it probably wouldn't work - for two reasons:

1) Many of them didn't believe that routines on psychology can be just as strong as a prediction box. But they can be. It's a different sort of strength I admit, but just as strong. To me, it feels beautiful to know that I've just done what I said I had done. It also is great to help and coach people while performing. Of course, the routines from "Cut the Strings" can also be used without the entertainment factor, some of the scripts I provide are even meant to only be used for coaching.

2) They thought I'm too young. I'm 16 and when the first person told that they thought I was too young I set myself a deadline to release the finished book: before my 17th birthday. I'll tell you what - my 17th birthday is next monday, the 20th of June, so I'd say I met my deadline Smile and, of course, it makes me proud to have written a book with 16 that got so much great feedback from a lot of great people Smile !

To perform the routines from "Cut the Strings" you don't need pre-knowledge of hypnosis or anything alike, although it would help.

Of course I wouldn't have got to this stage without friends supporting me, so I want to say another big thanks to everyone who supported me in any way during the process of writing this book

To finish off : In "Cut the Strings" you will be taught how to empower your audiences while entertaining them as well as and how to use the same tools for coaching sessions, too - and all that by a 16 year old Smile sounds good to me!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here or to PM me. Preferably here of course, so that the rest of the community can learn from your question, too Smile.

"Cut the Strings" is available here:
http://www.magicbookshop.com/product_inf......id=16147

Thank you Smile

Timon.

P.S.: Here you'll find a comic Kyle made a while ago for me to promote "Cut the Strings": http://bitstrips.com/r/CF8PP
This comic was created by Kyle MacNeill http://www.lybrary.com/kyle-macneill-m-55676.html using http://www.Bitstrips.com
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Looks good Timon. Best of look with it.
RE: the age thing, people were saying the same thing about Jermay when he first appeared on the scene. The only thing that puts me off buying from people is arrogance, I don't care how old you are, if the material is good that's all that matters.
Just an idea but how about a few demos of you performing your stuff?

Best

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Hey Andy!

Thanks for the first reply!

Thanks for agreeing on that age doesn't matter here, you're right of course and I found that most but not all people see it the same way.

I was thinking of putting some demos on but unfortunately I'm on an exchange in New Zealand at the moment and don't have my filming equipment. It's in Germany. The only thing I have is a small photo cam that can take 2 minute videos or so, so a demo would be quite hard to do unfortunately. The other thing is that I obviously would need to cut the video to not provide the full script ( which obviously is a big part of the workings ) in the video. At the moment it looks like I'll have a busy next month until I go back to Germany but if I can find a way to create a demo I'll let you know. As I don't have demos online I'm still waiting for a few reviews to appear from some of my reviewers.

I very much like your signature, Andy.

Best,

Timon.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"

www.timonkrause.com
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
I have a LOT of respect for people who start out their career "doing it for real" especially from such an early age!

Huge well done Timon!

I'm sure that you will go places since you have such an impressive attitude to what makes mentalism GREAT, and that is impromptu, gimmickless, and deeply impacting....and for me, at least, this is such a solid foundation for future gems of creativity that will come your way Smile

Well done again!

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Hello Kam!

Thanks a lot, your words really encourage me!

I'm glad that many seem to share my interest in gimmickless, clean mentalism and hopefully many more will try it out Smile.

Best,

Tmon.

www.timonkrause.com
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Timon:

How great is that--your first book and, from the look of the contents, it's an exciting work!

There's no hard and fast correlation between age and creativity Thank God. Some of the most inventive minds here at the Café are in their teens; Kyle is a good example.

It will be a joy for many of us to watch you grow according to your own creative yardstick and hopefully share your ideas with us!

Best,

Gary
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Hey Gary,

thanks for your compliments!

Yes, you're right - we got a lot of young performers and creators on here which is great as that means they'll stay with us for a longer time Smile not saying that the older ones aren't great, they're superb too Smile.

I'm looking forward to seeing what people will think of this once they read it, feedback is always great Smile

Best,

Timon.

www.timonkrause.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Congratulations Tim ! The table of contents is gorgeous.

The best for your work !
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Thanks Amira ( I didn't manage to get that little stripe onto the A, I'm sorry Smile ), great that you like what you saw in the ad Smile !

www.timonkrause.com
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Timon is such a good guy, it was an honour to do a comic from him.

I wish you success!

Kyle

P.S. Thanks Gary for the compliment!
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Timon,
Best of luck with it, going to order mine now.
- K
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
jakubr
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of jakubr
Sounds very interesting. I'm also big fan of impromptu, gimmickless material. All the best with this release!
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Quote:
On 2011-06-18 04:15, KyleMacNeill wrote:
Timon is such a good guy, it was an honour to do a comic from him.

I wish you success!

Kyle

P.S. Thanks Gary for the compliment!

Quote:
jakubr:
Sounds very interesting. I'm also big fan of impromptu, gimmickless material. All the best with this release!

Thanks for the compliments and best wishes guys Smile ! Don't forget to check out Kyle's comics!

Quote:
Ken Dyne:
Timon,
Best of luck with it, going to order mine now.
- K

Thank you Ken, please let me know what you think of "Cut the Strings" Smile ! Enjoy!

Cheers,

Timon.

www.timonkrause.com
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Congratulations! That's quite an achievement especially at 16yrs old. I might just get myself a copy in the near future. Well done!

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Quote:
On 2011-06-18 10:45, kinesis wrote:
Congratulations! That's quite an achievement especially at 16yrs old. I might just get myself a copy in the near future. Well done!

Derek

Thank you Derek, let me know if you end up doing so Smile !

The book is still available from here for anyone wanting to look at mentalism from just another angle! http://www.magicbookshop.com/product_inf......f8djoig6

Best,

Timon.

www.timonkrause.com
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Am I the only one who think what's the rush?

I do however wish you all the luck with the book.

Nimrod , Israel
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Quote:
On 2011-06-19 04:57, nimrod wrote:
Am I the only one who think what's the rush?

I do however wish you all the luck with the book.

Nimrod , Israel

Hey Nimrod!

Thanks for wishing me good luck Smile I'm not sure what you mean by 'rush', would you explain that?

Thanks again!

Best,

Timon.

www.timonkrause.com
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
I'm one (of the few it seems) who believe that commercial oriented effects should be released after they've been tested for years in commercial shows (clients as your ad says). I know personally that this simple test cause 90% of them to drop out and the remaining 10% to change considerably in presentation, method etc into a perfected form. Today everybody rushes to release their material before giving it a good test drive.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think this is the case here. If I'm wrong I apologize.

Nimrod , Israel

p.s. Jermay by the way is a very good example of mentalist I stopped buying his material because I discovered it's unusable for my commercial purposes. I doubt how many of his effects where tested even 10 times in real commercial shows before they were released. We should all take the Berglas's path instead of Kenton's. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Hey Nimrod!

Thanks for making clear what you meant. I can see what you are saying but I can reassure you that what I wrote down are the routines that have worked for me over the past few years and they have been going through a lot of change. I also have a whole list of ideas of chapters that I wanted to include but that I didn't end up taking into the book - most of the ideas I didn't take into the book I had while writing the book and they therefor were not tested or completed. I made a selection process.

It also is clear that the ideas from my book still will change over the next years and I hope they won't ever stop to change as that is what makes an effect stronger and stronger. I also hope that by selling this book I will get some feedback and encourage the readers to take those ideas in yet another direction.

What exactly makes you think that I didn't give the material a test drive? I'm merely curious as you already made your point clear in a fair way.

As for the Jermay effects - I will agree only partly on that, however that is not the subject of this discussion Smile

Thanks!

Timon.

www.timonkrause.com
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2011-06-20 05:09, nimrod wrote:
I'm one (of the few it seems) who believe that commercial oriented effects should be released after they've been tested for years in commercial shows (clients as your ad says). I know personally that this simple test cause 90% of them to drop out and the remaining 10% to change considerably in presentation, method etc into a perfected form. Today everybody rushes to release their material before giving it a good test drive.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think this is the case here. If I'm wrong I apologize.

Nimrod , Israel

p.s. Jermay by the way is a very good example of mentalist I stopped buying his material because I discovered it's unusable for my commercial purposes. I doubt how many of his effects where tested even 10 times in real commercial shows before they were released. We should all take the Berglas's path instead of Kenton's. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

I guess that we are dealing here with an "style" issue.
I can see how Jermay or Kenton's material might not be of the like of some performers, but I couldn't dear to say that that material has not been test.
I can tell you as a professional performer, and a LOVER of Hypnosis and psedo hypnosis, this material works.

Nefesch
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Promoting: Cut the Strings by myself (Timon Krause ;) ) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL