The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Chair Test & Multi-lope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
I’m finally announcing Multi-lope and The Perfect Chair Test.

Multi-lope is a multiple out envelope. It looks like a standard envelope. No multiple flaps. Nothing suspicious. The spectator can handle it freely. To get the multiple outs you open it from the same end. No turning it around, over, under, etc. It’s opened from a single end. I’ve made it in versions with 3 to 5 outs. The instructions include the 3-way and 4-way versions. You can use any size envelope, but mid-sized works best.

The Perfect Chair Test obviously uses Multi-lope and is included in the PDF you receive. Here is a description of the routine. You show four envelopes with 4 different symbols on them. (Dollar Sign, Smiley Face, Heart, and Star). There are 4 chairs on stage and a large prediction envelope off to the side. A spectator comes up and selects an envelope. At this point you give a mini cold-reading about why they chose the symbol they did. You then “influence” them to sit in a specific chair. This continues for the other three people. Once they are all sitting in their chairs you say to the 3rd person to come up, “You didn’t get much of a choice. Two envelopes and two chairs. Therefore you can switch envelopes with anyone you wish.” They do. You then say to the last person to come up, “You had no choices at all. You can switch envelopes with anyone you want.” They do. “And you can switch chairs with anyone you want.” They do. You then open each envelope and they remove what’s inside. Each gets a colored piece of paper. You have them look on the back of their chairs and hanging there is another colored paper that matches what they are holding. Applause!! You then say to make this even more random they are to switch seats and sit in a different chair. They do and you point out the prediction envelop which has been in view off to the side. You open it to discover another envelope. You open it and a banner falls out which when spread out in front of the four chairs shows the order that they are finally sitting in. Massive applause.

Comments received:

Max Maven: I think you've come up with a good idea and to the best of my knowledge the idea has not been done before.

Jon Racherbaumer: I think you have the best CHAIR EFFECT extant now.

Eugene Burger: I’ve never seen anything like it before.

Paul Gertner: A simply brilliant and devious method, that will fool laymen and magicians alike.

Bob Cassidy, Paul Stockman, Sean Taylor, Pablo Amira and others have all seen it and said it is new, effective and usable.

What you get is a PDF with instructions on making the envelopes and detailed instructions for the Perfect Chair Test. Paypal $30 to tedgillam@verizon.net
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Franky
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Franky
I received a pre-release copy of his new gimmicked “ Multi-lope “ envelope.
Since I am interested in gimmicked envelopes I must say I was very excited and I have not been disappointed!

Ted describes in great detail and with photos the construction of the envelopes. He uses known techniques which he has integrated smoothly into his Multi-lope and thus has created something really new.

I like “multi-lope” and I highly recommend it.

Best wishes from Italy.

Herbert
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
A very interesting idea if you are searching for special envelopes.

I read it and I smile for the genius construction.Well explained , good pics and great routine added.A bargain.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Greg Arce who often posted here purchesed Multi-lope and sent these comments:

"Well, another great envelope has come. It seems lots of guys are working with envelopes. This is a fantastic idea if you need multiple outcomes to come out of one envelope. it takes a bit of work to make one, but you'll be pleased with the results. Think of it as a Super Duper Teleport Envelope. Very clear pictures will take you through the step by step process of making them. And the chair routine that comes with the ebook is also a true worker. Very good!"
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
I love collecting Chair Prediction routines and have been for decades. I have to say Ted Gillam's Multi-Lope is one of the best. First the audience is able to actually see very visibly the markings which the mentalist writes on the envelopes. No small N...W markings seen only by the stage assistants. The entire audience sees them. Second unlike many other Chair Predictions, Multi-Lope allows absolutely free and unrestricted movement, exchanging, switching both chairs and envelopes...as many times as the specs desire. The stage assistants may remove the contents of each envelope. And unlike many other routines of this nature, Ted adds a phase 2 final climax with further switching, adding to the drama of phase 1.

Ted's multi-photo instructions for constructing the Multi-Lope envelope is crystal clear and an afternoon "arts and crafts" session can fuel you up for several performances. The instructions show manilla style envelopes but black or envelopes of any color can be used if desired. The envelopes have many applications beyond Chair Preditions of course.

I place this as one of the best to be conjured up and highly recommend it.
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
The instructions are well written , clear and concise and even I could put one together once I had collected all the bits from the stationery shop.

All I have to do now is create an effect that will do justice to this remarkable envelope .

Wondering if I could make super thin versions and have one large multi lope containing 4 smaller versions giving me 16 outs

Very well done Ted

Andy
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Read the instructions
markj
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of markj
Ted has put a lot of thought and hard work into this routine. He has performed it many times and it is a fooler. I really love the freedom of futher changes at the last minute. That addresses one of the weaknesses of many chair routines (IMHO).

Highly recommended.

Mark
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2076 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Just when you think you've seen all the great multi-out envelopes you'll ever need... along comes Ted's. This is probably the cleanest I've ever come across, as is Ted's chair test, which utilizes the Multi-Lope envelopes. No NW, no switching, no moves. It doesn't get any more "fair" than this. This powerful, multi-phase routine is a closer, for sure. Highly recommended!
greml1n
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of greml1n
I just got this and have to say its super clean and simple to execute. This method allows for one to concentrate on the most important part of a stage effect, the presentation. Great item!!! get it!!
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
It seems to be a very well thought out and practical solution to the 4-way envelope. No messing around at that critical moment, just open the envelope! I've bought it for future use and am happy with the piece. Almost any complex theatrical procedure you can imagine can be reduced to a 4-way out, and this one is so clean in the reveal it'll slide by everyone. If you need it or can use it, get it.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
RicoGood
View Profile
Regular user
The devil told me
126 Posts

Profile of RicoGood
Not easy to build (in Europe hard to find the right envelope) and it works only for one show
BUT
this envelope is the cleanest you've ever seen!

Great thinking!
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Lhj8yg6c: You don't have to use the envelope I use. I've made this with a variety of envelopes. In fact, in "The Perfect Chair Test" I use three different envelopes.

Thanks all of the above for the nice comments. This is a great envelope and a great chair routine which I use on a regular basis.

Ted
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Chair Test & Multi-lope (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL