The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Question about David Regal's Cups and Balls and Cups and Ball routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
Hello all,

I seem to be obsessed with cups and balls routines lately. I really like David Regal's routine and I saw that it was available commercially.

My question is does it require a particular set of cups or a set of cups with a particular quality? I'm not really interested in buying another set of cups to perform this specific routine. If I could use a set of cups I already have (Johnson, Charlie Miller, Animal Street Devils), I would be interested in picking this up. If it requires a particular set or type of cup that I don't have, I'll pass on it for now.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yes, it requires essentially a "triple" combo set plus other props such as the plastic cups and pom poms. Unless you have three matching chopped C&B cups, you'll have to either buy some or adapt what you have with glued in gaffs.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
Thanks Dave V

I had a feeling that was the case. That's all I needed to know!

I appreciate your help!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Dean Dill "might" still have a set he made up.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
For what it is worth, the L&L video with Regal's routine he explains how he turns ordinary cups into chop cups for this effect. It looks to me like he has fairly cheap aluminum cups (but I could be wrong).

-Patrick
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2011-06-17 23:58, Mr. Woolery wrote:
For what it is worth, the L&L video with Regal's routine he explains how he turns ordinary cups into chop cups for this effect. It looks to me like he has fairly cheap aluminum cups (but I could be wrong).

-Patrick

Your not wrong, however they're pretty deep, similar to Morrissey cups. This is the only C. & B. routine that I've seen him do, & it kills!

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
I really like the theme of it, but I also like the structure of the loading sequence. Nothing bulky to hide in your clothes. Biggest thing you have to load are spongeballs which really limits your opportunities to flash. Just not sure how exactly to get into it.

I do like it though. I might check into it more. I could try it with some lesser expensive cups just to see how it goes...
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
These are Morrissey cups. Personally, I think they are rather reasonable affordable without breaking the old wallet. I as well thought this routine was a killer myself and decided to put a set together. In time, I was able to accomplish putting a set together. For me, the biggest challenge was finding a set of the smaller red, blue, and yellow cups that would fit comfortable/ level under the Morrissey cups. Having purchased two sets, I finally found a set of smaller cups.

Please don't be discouraged in putting this cup routine together. It's well worth the time and part of my performance.

As previously stated, it's a great 3 cup routine and one of the best I've seen..... What can you say, it's David Regal. If I can be of further help, please let me know.

allen
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The currently available small plastic cups are about 1/4-inch taller than the old Adams sets. You can google for the Adams cups and may find them on the big auction site. Otherwise you need to find taller cups, or cut off the extra bit of length, which would never be noticed. Leave the beginning set alone, just cut the final load ones down.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2011-06-17 23:58, Mr. Woolery wrote:

-Patrick

That's what David said in his lecture. IIRC he gave the nearly heretical opinion that he'd never seen a cups and balls routine that was improved by expensive cups.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Question about David Regal's Cups and Balls and Cups and Ball routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL