The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Number Code for specific colors on DMX led fixtures (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hi everybody,

I know it's not an easy question, but I'll give it a try.

I'm wondering if anywhere out there exist information on which number codes belong to the the different colors that a PAR56 RGB led fixture and a MiniBeam led FC fixture from OXO could give in either a DMX macro mode or the simple RGB DMX mode.

Exemple : If I would like to get an amber color from each of those named fixtures, which number code do I need to put in the DMX light mixing table to have the needed lights on stage. The same for other non basic colors like pink, purple, yellow...etc

I've searched through the internet but I couldn't find anything yet.

Does anybody know those numbers and if yes, cuold you be so kind a share them.

I hope that I made myself easy to understand since this is very diffcult to explain.

Thank you very much in advance for all your help, hints and suggestions.

Oliver.
BradBrown
View Profile
Regular user
Florence, KY, USA
182 Posts

Profile of BradBrown
The RGB values are the same as used to display colors on your computer screen. Many graphics programs, such as Photoshop, use a color wheel to let you choose a color and show you the RGB values. There are also online tools. Here's one: http://www.workwithcolor.com/doughnut-color-picker-01.htm

(With this particular tool, you'll probably want to stay on the outer half of the "doughunt," so at least one of the RGB values is 255. That way your fixture will be as bright as possible for a given color.)

Of course, the color on the screen won't exactly match your fixture, but it would give you a starting point. Also, playing with a tool like this will help you get a handle on how RGB mixing works. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to figure out how to mix the colors you want in your head.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Thank you very much Brad for the link and your hint.

I'll have a look.

By the way I've found the right words to use searching on the internet : "color codes". lol
I've even found a larg list on wikipedia.

Thanks again.

Oliver.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hi all,

I do have another question : Led fixtures have a channel with a marco color mode. The problem is that the light mixing table only shows only one value number on this single channel. Each value belongs to a different color. Is there any existing file giving the color name for each different macro color mode value ?

Thanks again to all of you for your help.

Oliver.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Number Code for specific colors on DMX led fixtures (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL