The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Video: Police H2H, really old school (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2603 Posts

Profile of critter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdrwbSgNqsk&feature=related

I posted this elsewhere but I doubt anybody clicked on it there. I think it's pretty cool so here it is again.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
This is yet another Nyan cat video, isn't it? Nice try.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2603 Posts

Profile of critter
I wish it was Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5156 Posts

Profile of landmark
Interesting since at that time, British Police didn't carry guns.

Of course, there's this too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piWCBOsJr-w
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-06-20 21:37, critter wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdrwbSgNqsk&feature=related

I posted this elsewhere but I doubt anybody clicked on it there. I think it's pretty cool so here it is again.


I have always wondered why people train to disarm the dumbest people possible? A gun is a ranged weapon. There is no reason to be within reach of another when using one. It totally takes away from the form and function of a weapon.

Still and all you don't propose to even attempt to disarm someone with a gun do you? I used to have a running bet when I was teaching speed cuffing courses for anyone who felt they could disarm me, even from that distance, without being shot. Needless to say we used paint ball guns. It is just not feasable, even with that high level of training. A pistol is just way too dangerous and the concequences of just a slight miscalsulcation are unfathomable. Yep it makes for cool video, but in the end is just really stupid.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Landmark, as far as I know British police still don't carry guns. Or have things changed? And this brings something odd to my mind. I am also wondering whether British Bobbies no longer walk the beat. When I was in London last October I never saw a single policeman the whole week I was there. When I lived in Britain. I would see a cop somewhere about 6 times a day. What happened to them all?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......U-S.html

http://wheelgun.blogspot.com/2007/01/cri......-us.html

Just sayin. All that violent crime and without the use of guns huh? Whoda thunk it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2603 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-06-21 09:57, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-20 21:37, critter wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdrwbSgNqsk&feature=related

I posted this elsewhere but I doubt anybody clicked on it there. I think it's pretty cool so here it is again.


I have always wondered why people train to disarm the dumbest people possible? A gun is a ranged weapon. There is no reason to be within reach of another when using one. It totally takes away from the form and function of a weapon.

Still and all you don't propose to even attempt to disarm someone with a gun do you? I used to have a running bet when I was teaching speed cuffing courses for anyone who felt they could disarm me, even from that distance, without being shot. Needless to say we used paint ball guns. It is just not feasable, even with that high level of training. A pistol is just way too dangerous and the concequences of just a slight miscalsulcation are unfathomable. Yep it makes for cool video, but in the end is just really stupid.


I don't propose to have a gun pointed at me at all, and if I do then hopefully it's a .22 when I have my shotgun Smile
I think Bas Rutten proved on "Fight Science" that it is possible to disarm faster than the average person can react, but I agree that it still doesn't mean it's a good idea.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-06-21 12:44, critter wrote:
I think Bas Rutten proved on "Fight Science" that it is possible to disarm faster than the average person can react, but I agree that it still doesn't mean it's a good idea.


That works great when the reaction speed of the person with the gun is average...
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2603 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-06-21 13:06, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-21 12:44, critter wrote:
I think Bas Rutten proved on "Fight Science" that it is possible to disarm faster than the average person can react, but I agree that it still doesn't mean it's a good idea.


That works great when the reaction speed of the person with the gun is average...


Exactly. I would just give up the wallet.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-06-21 13:06, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-21 12:44, critter wrote:
I think Bas Rutten proved on "Fight Science" that it is possible to disarm faster than the average person can react, but I agree that it still doesn't mean it's a good idea.


That works great when the reaction speed of the person with the gun is average...


Funny thing about "averages". HALF the world is below average!

I tell you this critter, and I am not trying to be a tough guy or anything of the sort. It is not about "reacting" it is about the fact that during the situation the person is heightened in the first place! Bas would not stand a chance if it was me with the gun, because I for one thing am not going to put myself in a situation where he can reach the thing. PLUS it is unfair. The guy is trained and the conditions are far from real world and it makes for good tv. Great.

In the world, a VERY LARGE percentage of the time he would be injured so badly he could not continue his manuver. Then death. It only takes ONCE.

I havn't done cop work or speed cuffing in decades, but I bet a dollar to a doughnut I would still be able to stop him from his manuvers if I had a gun. The very nature of people with guns is they do not make predictable moves. You can get very dead very fast. A certain amount of compliance is what is called for more than any goofy moves.

I know you seem to agree, give up the wallet. I just think that when these guys put this stuff out, it is sort of an artificial measuring contest and a disservice to the people who idolise them. It is bad advice that can cost someone a life.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
Danny is quite right about all the crime in the UK. In fact they often call it "Crime Island". After all, wickedness and evil is part of our glorious heritage. And it is also true that I have seen far more crime in the UK than I ever have in the US.

The difference of course is that there are very few crimes with guns in the UK. They are pretty rare so I think that is why the police don't really need them to any great extent. Canada is different. The police have to have guns up here because of the proximity of the US border. Guns are smuggled up here in great quantities. All Canadians are capable of smuggling down there ia great quantities of marijuana. Our illegal exports make some people happy. Your illegal exports can get some of us killed.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2011-06-21 10:12, Mark Lewis wrote:
What happened to them all?


They've probably been replaced by cameras.
*Mark Lewis*
View Profile
V.I.P.
1325 Posts

Profile of *Mark Lewis*
I think the tourists would be disappointed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Video: Police H2H, really old school (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL