The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » InCisi-Vision (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
CA-Lynx
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of CA-Lynx
I AGREE. Thank you Ray
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Did you shoot the new video last weekend? Will we see it soon?
Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
New video is being edited as we speak. Performed by Robert Vinson, magicians assistant Lucy Grimm (wife of Michael Grimm/winner of Americas Got Talent 2010) and assited by Dave Pavlov. We will try and post it early next week.

Big, big Improvement!!!
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
I`m curious to see the new video also!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
EliTheIllusionist
View Profile
Regular user
York, PA
191 Posts

Profile of EliTheIllusionist
I'm stoked.

-E
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Tora's Body Zag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKT3UBjRL5I
is this the same method??????
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
- Not as convincing as the original!

Falconer
FALCONER
thelestat
View Profile
New user
Vegas
48 Posts

Profile of thelestat
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 17:36, illusionman2 wrote:
Tora's Body Zag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKT3UBjRL5I
is this the same method??????

Wow, here's my 400,000 cents worth. It's pretty much is the same trick isn't it? (Definitely, in my opinion, the method.) Box hinges off & on the table,Girls middle gets cut, lifted up and she is in plain view at the end. I bet this doesn't cost $13,000.00. This has to be embarrassing for those that claim they have an "original" method and illusion!

Dimmare
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
In my opinion, I think that Dimmare have reason!

Falconer
FALCONER
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Yes there is some kind of an unexplaned anger floating arround against this illusion and his inventor and builder .
from dimmare and another sick man !! if you intend to do well try to correct and direct don't bash a great builder like pavlove .. he does lot for magic .
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Quote:
On 2011-07-23 02:16, dahih beik wrote:
Yes there is some kind of an unexplaned anger floating arround against this illusion and his inventor and builder .
from dimmare and another sick man !! if you intend to do well try to correct and direct don't bash a great builder like pavlove .. he does lot for magic .

Well Dimmare and the sick guy (lol) have a point. Just because someone has a name in magic should not claim originality for the method if already out there. However the prop looks great.
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Mybe they are right .. but attaking and exposing method !!!
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Mr. Dave Pavlov is very busy building world class illusions but he will be responding very shortly. Dave doesn't have a Café membership so I will be posting his reply very soon.

Please keep in mind there are always two sides to every story and also some posters have ulterior motives.

Thank you.
www.cesaral.com
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Please find Mr. Dave Pavlov's response below!

Hi Rudy! 

Please Post this long overdue reply, as over the past week the magic Café for some reason wasn't taking new registrations, and when that issue was finally corrected, it now seems both my e-mail addresses are not accepted formats with the site.  I'll soon work thru these temporary setbacks and one day soon become an official member.

I want to take a moment to thank all who have replied, whether it's with good or ill intent...  As the Great Book says "There Must be differences of opinion, so that the Truth can be made known", and my hope here is help shed a bit of Light towards the "Truth" direction, so please bare with me as I attempt to make this as short and concise as I'm hoping it will eventually be.

First of all, I've always been suspect of anyone who is quick to anger, as their post always drip with convoluted and condescending tones in hopes of casting aspersions upon other peoples character (via their suggestive innuendos).  I have found in past dealings with such personality types, that they know fully well the unwholesome and devious tendencies they themselves are capable of achieving, and by extension automatically assume that everyone has those same decrepit faults.  Is it any wonder why sickmagic always has his (or her) posts constantly deleted...  Not only is it my character (along with my associates) that "it" tries to besmirch" but the entire "Magic Café" community as well, by dividing and describing half the users as sheep, incapable of original thought, and the other half as mealy mouthed contributors unable, or incapable of formulating a coherent response.  I guess anyone with a "Holier than thou" complex would naturally assume to know everyone's capabilities and intentions, when the dirty little secret has always been that it is they alone who reveal to the world the depths of their corrupted constitutions.  Thanks for the Revelations!

Now for expediency purposes, I'll condense all of the above statements (for all subsequent references to this vapid mind set) as the "Dimmer Perspective", in reference to the "Fading Foundations" upon which their rabid complaints are built... But for now...  Some factual "InCisi-Vision" history, by which everyone can develop a much broader and healthier perspective as to what exactly transpired and when. 

1.)  Over half a dozen years ago, my Friend Robert Vinson came to me with a concept for invisibility, and suggested utilizing this principle into a much larger Illusion scale concept(s).  He informed me then that to his knowledge nothing quite like it has every been developed before.  I immediately proto-typed his concept and videotaped its function, which was then shown to a select few yet knowledgeable authorities, who in turn responded with the fact they've never seen anything quite like it, presented in the manner with which we had proto-typed.  Now fast forward to our most recent discoveries (in large part thanks to Bill Smith with Mike Caveney, and subsequently "The Magic Café"), that similar concepts have already been established, although not in the same format or direction we were taking it in.  Then most recently there was the "Tora Magic" video, which I will now publicly state that if their method is similar to ours, and their "R & D records can pre-date my documentation of proto-typed presentations, then the good people at "Tora Magic" are entitled to their percentage of the "Performance Rights", as I will now try and establish a line of communication straight to the proprietor of Tora.

a.)  Please keep in mind I'm a whole hearted believer in "Independent Thought and Development", meaning certain factors can be present for the re-invention of unknown, yet pre-established concepts.  Robert Vinson now knows this first hand, otherwise he would have never posted such an emphatic statement that "this concept has never been published in any books".  A statement I thought was premature at best, as Rudy and I both knew the jury was still out on this one.  James Dimmare is also well aware of this parallel thought phenomenon, as it was He who suggested the hinging of boxes off the table (based on a similar idea he had for another Illusion), and yet there is the Tora video, displaying the hinged concept in all its glory.  Yes, James could have simply ripped off the idea from watching Tora's video, but I choose to believe that "Independent Thought and Development" is in play here as well, and choose not to cast any aspersions otherwise!  My Choice...  My Character!

2.)  Re-wind back to a half a dozen years ago...  I then sketched out for Robert my idea for the hinged up end boxes, allowing for the climatic reveal.  This is also when I developed the name "InCisi-Vision", based on the idea that the audience is experiencing a "visual incision" right before their eyes.  It wasn't until just over 4 years later that I squeezed into my busy schedule the vast undertaking of getting our vision built.  Through the subsequent R & D associated with this complex undertaking, I realized that the volunteers mid-section needed to be shown at first (along with their visible head and feet).  I then conceptualized an examinable "Mid-section Lift Tray", as there was absolutely nothing to realistically lift that portion of volunteers body up into the lowered scimitar swords (which incidentally I have Jim Steinmeyer to thank for this inspiration, due to his knife placement with His "Modern Art" Illusion)...  After all, it was only the shell of a box (front, back, and top only) covering volunteer, with nothing to facilitate the "Lift".  I firmly believe this aspect is lost on the conscience portion of most peoples brain activity, but it's more the sub-conscience that this feature actually plays to, helping to solidly re-enforce the stunning visuals everyone is collectively experiencing. 

3.)  The natural progression of my thoughts instinctively wanted to pull a cloth thru empty mid-section, which led to the "covered Illusion aspect" at the start of my presentation.  It only made sense to have a reason for said cloth, prior to it being re-introduced into and ultimately pulled thru the seemingly empty middle section.  The intended consequence was to send the audiences thought processes into a tail spin, drawing them yet further away from whatever solutions their minds may have concluded up to this point.  All this just prior to the climatic reveal of the lifting and locking of both end boxes, effectively splintering the audiences focus onto the now entirely visible (and invisible) portions of uncovered and fully exposed volunteer. 

4.)  Also, the fact that this entire presentation can be done completely surrounded is quite the added bonus..  Of course Magicians won't use a stoic mannequin as I had demonstrated in the unrehearsed introductory video now posted, but rather a real live moving committee from the audience encircling the "InCisi-Vision", offers a realistic and moveable perspective for all who witness the surroundable presentation.

I certainly hope this input of mine adds some much needed "Historical Perspective" as well as intellectual contemplation, for current and future readers of this post to absorb, and the "Dimmer Perspective" gets its just due, and fades into the oblivion of lies, half truths, and innuendo.  I believe this is precisely what "The Magic Café" was originally intended for (as Ray Pierce and so many others so eloquently demonstrate thru their postings), as opposed to the emotional rants from Rabid Chihuahuas frothing from the brain...  Which reminds me,  He sickmagic (whoever you are), when You reveal the secrets to any Illusion via the PM system offered up here at the "Café", just what criteria do you have in place to insure that not every" wanna-be masked magician" isn't getting their grubby hands on what could potentially be some very damaging exposure, against your so called Community of fellow Magicians?  And Mr. Dimmare, just where is Your "Selective Outrage" in the face of any potential exposure?   Just Wondering!

Thanks Everyone for ALL COMMENTS posted...  as we all know, "There must be differences of opinion.................................. !

Dave Pavlov 

www.cesaral.com
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Thanks for that post, Dave... (lol...by way of Rudy) I fully understand that anytime you deal with magicians... MASSIVE egos come into play (speaking from my own experience and ego!). It is both the best and worst of this field. Hopefully this will help extract some of the venom from certain details so we can get back to working on what we all love which is just making great magic!
Ray Pierce
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Holy crap, it's James Dimmare!
Mike
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
What about Rich Hill's Dis-Middle-Ment?...from the description I'm not sure if this can be turned around like the InCisi-Vision:

http://www.richhillsillusionshop.com/dismiddlement.htm
Marcus.magic
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Marcus.magic
The rich hill prop has nothing to do whit this system ( well of course has "partially " to do whit this system...),
someone wrote about this version "it was described in the Byron's book" and it's totally wrong ,
that was a similar system but not the same ,
that Byron system was also described inside few others books ( example: see through a coin Hopkin book) it's described inside a Sharpe book , you can see also this system used in a few magic prototypes (example there is one effect using this system inside the Museum of Magic in Paris),

Anyway to replay at the builder ,
the Tora arm version was done really before that your version,
and also is not the only one who used this system before than you ,
so you really doesn't invented nothing ,
I will not share and show you any documents because on this documents , videos or the Toy Patent already mentioned there are few others beautiful things and I don't want share them whit anyone ,
but how you can claim you invented something if even Tora(and many others before) has done the same thing before than you few times ?
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
I'm surprised at the acrimony on this thread. C'mon guys, can't we play nice?

As to inventions: most inventions in the real world are not entirely brand new. Usually one small addition or improvement or adaptation is made to something which already exists.

In many cases, when we want to join things together we use screws. Is that new? Hell no, it goes back to Archimedes.

Doug Henning took an existing exchange routine which was usually done with a Modern Cabinet, switched to the methodology of the Million Dollar Mystery, and added a kicker finale where a Tiger is produced. And, Things That Go Bump In the Night was born.

So, lets stop getting upset about new creations which "borrow" from existing principals.

Which is not to suggest that you should not credit the folks whose shoulders you stand on.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Well said Dennis.
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » InCisi-Vision (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL