We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Something other than a PURSE to put coins in... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
188 Posts

Profile of einhorn
On a recent holiday to Marbella I found in a market a small black leather bag that is about 1.5 x the size of a dollar. The great thing is it is divided into two sections and actually has a belt loop on the back so it is designed to be worn on the belt. This frees up space in my pockets and has been a great solution for me. I think it is used for tobacco as it was on a stall with lots of smokers stuff.

I know Jerry O Connel makes a lovely smart coin holder that opens up several times and holds quite a number of coins, see his web site: http://www.leatherjerry.com

Good luck.
Nick
magicmonkeyphoto
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of magicmonkeyphoto
Jeff, those toad purses are super creepy! I can think of all sorts of effects that could go with those, but I don't think it would go over in resteraunts.

I can see it now, "Signed card to toad". The audience is gasping for 2 reasons. Smile

Lincoln
http://www.lincolnworld.com/products -- For high end mentalist utility devices, ideas, and props for professionals and serious hobbyists. You can follow me on Instagram @Lincolnworldmagic and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LincolnWorldWatchers
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
252 Posts

Profile of BWind
Lincoln,
Go to your nearest Wal-Mart, in the Men's wallet section you'll find a rack (peg bars) that display leather wallets & coin holders; The brand to look for is "Ash Creek Sport"; Two very manly coin bags, one with a zipper all around and a divider down the middle; another one (my personal preference) a combination coin key gizmo with a zippered compartment and a fold over flap that button snaps to close; I like this one because it lays flat in your pocket; You can remove the key ring and the accompanying chain, make sure you leave behind the smaller ring to facilitate opening and closing the zipper compartment;
Both of these are real leather and are pre-priced at only $3.97, don't visit the Hawaii Wal-Mart until they've had a chance to reload the inventory, I bought'um all, sorry;
BWind
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22930 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I carry a coin purse for years. I like to have the penny when the gasoline price is $100.01.

I visit leather stores and they always have nice men's coin purses to choose from.
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
If you can easily distinguish your gaff coins....you can put them in with other loose change in your back pocket.

My favorite option (doesn't work with magnetic coins though) is to place my gaffed coins in with my loose change, but make sure there are no other coins of the same value in there. Then when I go for my "cig thru £1" there is only one £1 coin in my change. so I can just go straight for it.

Hope this makes sense?
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Small velvet drawstring bag looks quite mysterious and a little more manly

Tom
tallant
View Profile
New user
Weymouth, England
21 Posts

Profile of tallant
I saw this topic in the coins section and thought it may be of some use for holding some of your coins. I don't know how practical it would be for your use, but it doesn't look very feminine.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......3&18
Thanks,
Tony Smile
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Take a purse frame and attach it to a sock. Design it as you wish, with writing or a picture. Use an adult or a child's sock. Make it serious, or be as wacky as you wish.

I made my own after seeing this idea in Old Navy. Now I have a few coin purses for just about any type of lead in patter.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I produce my own Black Velvet or Velour bags. Various sizes for coins, cards, etc. It adds a bit to presentation, and is much better than a purse.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
You might want to check out this LowePro case:

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/dres/dresdmcz.htm

It can be found for about $10.

Tiki
green4magic
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of green4magic
I use leather drawsting pouches as they hold up better than the cloth ones.
I find the cloth bags tend to fray and develop holes from continuous use.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2003-08-20 13:29, Neale Bacon wrote:
Where do you get the miniature Crown bags?

You can find them at small AA meetings.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
You can get the mini crown royal bags off ebay.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
I use a men's leather coin puse that has a top flap that folds over and
snaps. It has 2 compartments so I can keep my regular change separated from
the coins I might use in a routine. I must be oblivious--I never felt
unmanly using it.

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Just saw a unique coin holder on Stevens web site. It's a pocket watch minus the watch. You open the cover and inside holds up to 4 half dollars. I think it sells for $20. Time for a coin trick...
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
http://www.elmwoodmagic.com has the 'Koin Keeper' which is a wallet for your coins.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
I use some coin purses that I found in a local "hippy" shop. (I live next door to a university) Its one of those places where you can find Doc martins, Berkenstocks, and tie dye shirts.) Kind of an earth friendly place. They are woven fabric with a zipper on top. they work great and come in colors that are sublte but attractive and say "out of the ordinary" but they are not the least Fey.
Believe you then that I do strange things
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2003-10-06 01:53, Jeff Dial wrote:
If you are worried about seeming unmanly try these. They are coin purses made from toads. You can get them with or without legs. Smile

http://www.roopooco.com/coinpurse.htm

These are really cool and gross at the same time. I got one with legs and one without. If you hold the purse so that the head (and legs) of the toad are in your hand, while you unzip the thing and pull out your coins, you can get a real scream, handing it to a spectator.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
magicshift
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of magicshift
If you go to wal-mart go to there wallet section they have a wallet that is leather and looks really nice and inside it has a zippered pouch big enough to hold the coins you said and about 10 more.

Sorry I forgot to add it is under 10 dollars so its a good bargin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Something other than a PURSE to put coins in... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL