The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review: Chop by Craig Petty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicManReid
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of MagicManReid
Any suggestions on replacing the ink cartridge in the Sharpie. Mine has run dry.
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
That's what you wanna know. I know how to open a sharpie but I'm afraid it will break the gimmick. Anybody do this yet? Please pm with details.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1263 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
I found many suggestion via Google earlier this year for the Crayola markers. I just now ran a similar search for Sharpies and found several suggestions:

Alcohol soak: Someone added at another site that this only worked a couple of times. Apparently the problem is that rubbing alcohol has a significant amount of water in it, plus letting it passively soak may not be doing the job a syringe needle would do:
http://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/how-to......sharpie/

I saw somewhere in the Web a while back that injecting the fiber nib with a syringe loosens up the ink further up in the barrel. Also, someone else suggested "denatured alcohol", which is used in kerosene lamps to "restore the capillary action of the wick." It might smell bad, though. Maybe in tiny amounts via syringe?

Then I found this comment from someone who was thinking outside the box, as in "What removes Sharpie permanent ink from [walls]?" This could be the answer you and I both have been looking for. But be careful with the fumes / your brain / fire / and the syringe:

What I've found removes Sharpie is "EXPO white board cleaner": Ethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether (butoxyethanol).

This IS the solvent used in Sharpie fine tip markers. If you can inject butoxyethanol into the barrel of the Sharpie, there is a GOOD
chance the sharpie can be resurrected.

Good luck...and be careful whom you get that syringe from!

Lastly, someone posted that this worked for him...and the fact that it's not chemical-based sounds a lot safer. I haven't tried it. YOU want to try it and let us know?

Centrifugal force:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?......4AALKw90

- Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1263 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2011-06-24 06:10, 123crampt wrote:
...and Craig does talk about using napkins for the lemon soaked bill...

He also talks on the DVD about his method to keep the bill from being "soaked" or "sopping wet". I think some who haven't seen the DVD think the bill will need a box of tissues to clean up the mess!
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review: Chop by Craig Petty (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL