The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » An Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I have an idea, alas how rarely they come, on and old effect with a new twist. I was checking out Bone Yard Bargains and found mini skulls.. I am still working on the story but how about cups and SKULLS...
Just an idae.
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
Or you can even use the eyeballs, and the
skull as the cut.

E-Leoni.
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Skull as a cup... Hmmmm...Or switch the eyes at the end for the skulls much as others switch the balls for lemons or fruit...
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
If it were me, I would save the skulls for the final load.

Just imagine yourself doing a typical cups and balls routine, and then near the end, shifting your patter to a darker tone, and then revealing the skulls. Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Good idea...Great for kids shows Smile
MOst magically yours,
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Good idea...Great for kids shows Smile
MOst magically yours,
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
How about the miniature skulls and do a two in the hand one in the pocket routine?
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
All Great ideas!
MOst magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
How about a skull version of beads of Prussia? Do it to a VooDoo Witch Doctor theme or maybe a story about Baby Doc DuVaulier (sp?).

I've been thinking of making one of these for a long time. Some day I'll stop and do it (of course it will already be on the market by then). Of course mine will be much much better. :0)

Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Greetings,

How about a goblet chop cup? The skull carved of bone from a thief, or other elusive character.

Or perhaps it is a talisman that cannot be lost? It always returns to this coin... Under the cup, in the shot glass, in the original box/bag, etc.

Pardon my rambling nature, but an all nighter has left me sleepless and I am inflicting my fevered brain on you forgiving souls.

Sam Haine
Magical entertainment for charities www.sam-haine.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
How about mama skull and papa skull. Put them in your hand and out come lots of baby skulls!!

Never mind. Please forget this post.

Bob (Numbskull) Cassidy
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Bob, I love you! (Not in that way, of course :o)

Seriously, though, I have a suggestion on Sam's goblet chop cup idea. Do it with a wooden goblet, gaffed appropriately. The wooden goblet seems more "innocent", and is actually probably easier to gaff since the tools are much more accesible and inexpensive :o)
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
Quote:
On 2002-05-29 02:58, Andy Leviss wrote:
Bob, I love you! (Not in that way, of course :o)

Seriously, though, I have a suggestion on Sam's goblet chop cup idea. Do it with a wooden goblet, gaffed appropriately. The wooden goblet seems more "innocent", and is actually probably easier to gaff since the tools are much more accesible and inexpensive :o)

And the wooden goblet could be the cup of christ or maybe that would be to close to the bone for some people
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Ah, yes...I like. My favorite scene in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" is the choosing of the grail towards the end, which you just brought flashing back to memory. What fun :o)
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
[

And the wooden goblet could be the cup of christ or maybe that would be to close to the bone for some people
[/quote]

Maybe not. In our seance ( The Cross Creek Graveyard Seance) a King James Bible goes up in flames. I believe that bizarre magick SHOULD push the envelope a bit to make it distinct from regular magic.

By the way, although I won't discuss the method here, it is NOT a "hot book". We do this seance in private homes, bed & Breakfasts and the like and the Bible is on the spectator/hosts table,nowhere near the performers at any time.

But as bizarrists, I really think that we need to push the limits.

Best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
A goblet as chop cup would seem a "natural" for a story line about the plot from the book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
No? Yes?
(Maybe?)
Or how about a yarn concerning the Borgias? ("Have a nice time -- but don't drink anything!")
Actually, I do a routine similar to that.
And another, based on the old Danny Kaye movie, A Connecticut Yankee . . ., in which he has to remember which goblet is okay and which is poisoned: "The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true while the flagon with the dragon has the pill that is poison."
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Excellent! I will make a goblet out of a cho[p cup as per Peter's instruct in his linking ring story of Snow.
Most magically yours,
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » An Idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL