The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Avant Card - The Card Magic of Tom Gagnon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2958 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I saw my good friend Tom Gagnon at the Ed Marlo Summit last week in New Orleans. Great news! Tom is about to release a new book – Avant Cards – The Card Magic of Tom Gagnon. It has been years in the making and will contain, not only his work on the Spread Pass (which is unbelievable!) but much, much more. There are 568 illustrations, meticulously hand drawn by Tom. In my opinion, Tom is THE BEST illustrator out there. Check out the Vernon Chronicles, The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings, The Commercial Magic of J.C. Wagner etc. There are 63 items included in the 214 page book.

Tom teaches not only the Spread Pass but an incredible array of killer applications and other routines and moves like the Lateral Bottom Deal. Steve Reynolds was able to master the basic move in about ten minutes, so it’s not for experts only. The book will be available only from Tom and will not be sold at stores or elsewhere on-line.

The book is at the printers right now and Tom is offering a pre-publication deal of $45 instead of the $50 that it will cost in the near future. You can check it out at his website: http://www.tomgagnonmagic.com. The deal only lasts until the books come in from the printer. So get it while it’s hot! I’ve already ordered mine.

Mike
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2958 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I just realized that my phrasing implies something I didn't intend. I emailed Steve in that regard. I was trying to convey the idea that it's not super difficult to learn the basic move and ended up inadvertently impugning the talents of my good friend Steve who is clearly an expert. Can I go back and fix it?

This is a good lesson in "read what you wrote carefully before pressing the send key."

Sorry man! I'm an idiot!

Mike
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Thanks Mike -

I can't wait for this book. Tom's work is absolutely incredible.

JB
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1025 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Good news everyone!

Cheers,
Mike
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
228 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
Will dealers be carrying this?
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1025 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 19:57, Mike Powers wrote:
...The book will be available only from Tom and will not be sold at stores or elsewhere on-line...
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1255 Posts

Profile of Medifro
FINALLY, I've been waiting for this ever since the rumors came up long time ago.

Michael, do you know if his Miracle force ( which he sells on the site ) appears in the book, or is it on the site only?
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2958 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I'm not sure if the Miracle Force is there or not. I'm sure Tom would be happy to answer your questions, though. The email listed on his site is: thomas_gagnon_381@comcast.net

Mike
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
The Miracle Spread Force IS available as an instant download on Mr. Gagnon's site for a mere fiver.
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2958 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
This just in: The pre-publication price is $50 with free shipping in USA and $60 with free shipping worldwide. Tom tells me that the free shipping is only for the pre-publication price and that the price will also go up $5 after the pre-publication deal is over.

Check it out at: http://www.tomgagnonmagic.com

Mike
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
I met Tom several years back at a small convention in NY. Really interesting ideas. I learned a lot just watching him. Has some very interesting techniques that if mastered really open up a wide range of possibilities. Just placed my order.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6078 Posts

Profile of motown
Mike,

I would agree about Tom being a fantastic Illustrator and 560+ is a heck of a lot of illustrations for a book of just over 200 pages. That's extremely helpful. Should be another fantastic book for 2011.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
dafin77
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of dafin77
I also saw Tom Gagnon at the Marlo Summit. I'd never met him before. He did an impromptu lecture that was just incredibly good. What he was doing was so original, so good, and so learnable. I can't wait for the book.
David Finkelstein
dafin77@hotmail.com
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Nice,

I am definitely interested in this. I see he has work on the strippers and Mene Tekel too! Is this going to be in the book?

S
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
In Canada, PayPal seems to be adding shipping over and above the stated pricing which should include postal fees.

Is anyone else in Canada or elsewhere encountering this problem?

Thanks,
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
escherwolf
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of escherwolf
I had the problem with paypal adding shipping costs as well (I'm in Australia). Just Contact Tom and advise him - I did and he quickly corrected the problem. Apparently paypal is doing that, which is fine for most stuff, but a problem with items where postage is already included. He is aware of the problem, and is trying to get his IT guy to sort out a solution.

I am gtreatly looking forward to the book.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Tom was amazing - friendly and very helpful.
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
I'm really surprised that there isn't more buzz surrounding this book. Tom's work with cards is incredible, and unlike anything you've come across before. I have seen Tom several times, but I got to spend some quality time with him at the Marlo Summit and can assure you that this material is strong and will fool laymen and magicians alike.
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Here is a small sample of Tom's card work for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TomGagnon1116?blend=3&ob=5
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4495 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm not familiar with this man or his work.

I would love to hear more, I'm very willing to purchase his book and give it a god.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Avant Card - The Card Magic of Tom Gagnon (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL