The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Avant Card - The Card Magic of Tom Gagnon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2011-07-09 02:58, Blindside785 wrote:
I'm not familiar with this man or his work.

I would love to hear more, I'm very willing to purchase his book and give it a god.

I saw Tom at the Midwest Magic Jubilee do an impromptu performance at 2:00 AM, here is what I saw. He had a red backed deck and a blue backed deck. Tom cut half the cards off each pack and assembled two of the odd halves - he had 26 red backed cards and 26 blue backed cards, in one deck. He spread the deck on the table, had a red card selected and a blue card selected, both noted and returned to their respective parts of the spreads. He closed the spread, then immediately respread the deck. A blue card was amongst the red and a red card amongst the blue. They were the selections. That quick, that smooth, that clean. Pure magic.
david blown
View Profile
New user
I'm palming all my posts except
71 Posts

Profile of david blown
Can someone give a list of effects or already a review? I would be very interested... the official statement doesn't give much idea what effects are in the book. I can imagine, that maybe it's more about different sleights and techniques but..would be interested anyway Smile

Thanks, David
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3010 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2011-06-24 14:47, Mike Powers wrote:
I'm not sure if the Miracle Force is there or not. I'm sure Tom would be happy to answer your questions, though. The email listed on his site is: thomas_gagnon_381@comcast.net

Mike

Looks like the site has been updated to show that the Miracle Spread Force is indeed included in the book, so it is not necessary to purchase the download separately.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Deadsets
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Deadsets
Can some one tell me, the miricle spread force, does it really look tha clean? or do you have to be an expert to consider using it?
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Deadsets, the force looks exactly like the description on the website. It isn't terribly difficult to do either.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4495 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
He was nice enough to reply via email with a pdf of the table of contents.

PM me with your email so I can forward it to you so you don't bombard his email.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4495 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I forward the email to those that sent me their email addresses, if I missed you just send me a PM again and I'll send it out again.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4495 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Sorry guys, I had an issue forwarding....

Here it is for all of you

Deadsets
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Deadsets
Thanks Brandon, ww that's a lot of material, Im deff considering this book.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Thank you for taking the time to do that my friend. I will be ordering very soon.

John
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
727 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Are all those spread passes / controled tabled ones (vs in the hands)?

- Frank
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
He has a lot of work on the bottom deal. Very interesting. Anyone here see him do it live?

Best,

Sean
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
Sean,

Can't say I have seen them all but I have seen a few and Tom executes them flawlessly. Josh Jay does the lateral bottom deal very well also. Tom is extraordinary when it comes to handling playing cards. His secret sleights are just that " secret". Nothing can be seen when he does them.

Yves
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Thanks Yves,

Looking forward to this! My first heavy book was "The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings" and I loved his illustrations in it. Can't wait to get this.

S
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1025 Posts

Profile of tenchu
I've just ordered the book and can't wait to get it.

Cheers,
Mike
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Just got word that my copy has shipped. I can't wait.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I take it he's a card guy? J/k. Am I remembering correctly that he is part of the "no tells" lineage that starts with Ron Bauer and continues with Paul Chosse? I seem to remember Paul mentioning Tom fondly.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2342 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Ok, I am at issue here. I have seen Tom do all this material before... Part of me does not want this stuff shared with anyone... My greed speaking. And yes, It ALL looks THAT good... It was like the first time I saw Earnest Earick... But without the twisted handlings. The magic just seems to happen. And when he shows you what is going on... You are REALLY smacked! Sleight of hand that doesn't LOOK all ... Sleighty... My bet... there will be people who buy the book just to say they "Had it" and it will be on the Café resale lists unread within the first week. Which will be a good thing for some kid who cant afford the book at retail. And that kid will learn it and be the local smoker of souls. And the guy who sold the book in a week will see the kid and say "I know how that's done"... And of course... He wont...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2011-07-22 10:08, Doomo wrote:
Ok, I am at issue here. I have seen Tom do all this material before... Part of me does not want this stuff shared with anyone... My greed speaking. And yes, It ALL looks THAT good... It was like the first time I saw Earnest Earick... But without the twisted handlings. The magic just seems to happen. And when he shows you what is going on... You are REALLY smacked! Sleight of hand that doesn't LOOK all ... Sleighty... My bet... there will be people who buy the book just to say they "Had it" and it will be on the Café resale lists unread within the first week. Which will be a good thing for some kid who cant afford the book at retail. And that kid will learn it and be the local smoker of souls. And the guy who sold the book in a week will see the kid and say "I know how that's done"... And of course... He wont...

Hahah!!!!

LOVE your post Doomo!! I think it would make GREAT ad copy for Mr. Gagnon's book!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Stevens Magic also has this (just got it last week).

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=112766

Bob Phillips
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Avant Card - The Card Magic of Tom Gagnon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL