The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Hip Himber Double Kaps Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
I really didn't want to post a review of this wallet. I didn't want to leak out information that this walet is available. I wanted it all to myself.

Here is my story:
I loved my Mullica wallet, but the truth is I didn't use it much because it is too darn big to take everywhere. It just didn't seem like the type of wallet a guy like me should be carrying. I got called on it once. Someone asked me if it was one of those "magic wallets". I didn't want anyone asking me that anymore, so I started my quest to find a good hip style wallet.

First I tried to find regular ungimmicked wallets at department stores. I had no luck. I didn't find any with my specifications, and I sure as heck wasn't going to cut a slit on the outside of a regular wallet just to get a card in there. So I decided to go with a gimmicked version.

I did a lot of research online. I searched past Café posts and all magor distributors. I considered Viking's wallet, the Switchback wallet, the Ultra Thin wallet, Ton's wallet, and finally the Real Man's Wallet. Out of all those I picked the Real Man's Wallet and was about the order it. But then luck brought me to another forum where I found a small discussion on the Hip Himber Double Kaps Wallet. The name alone got me interested. I found a link to markburger.com and read the description and looked at the picture. It looked just like the wallet I wanted!
It was a hip style wallet you can put in either your front or back pants pocket. It had a clear ID slot on the left, and 4 credit card slots on the right, and then a billfold area for money. Just like a regular wallet. It had 2 zippered compartments, one was the clear ID slot, and the other was behind the credit cards. Those two zippered compartments can be loaded ala Kaps style. The load is different for each one, and allows you to perform card to wallet in a variety of situations. Hence the name "double Kaps". I found that the load for the ID compartment is better suited for when the wallet is in your front pants pocket or jacket breast pocket. The compartment behind the credit cards is suitable for when the wallet is in your rear pants pocket. Basically, this wallet was designed from the ground up to be able to load AS NEEDED, WHEN NEEDED.

Plus, it is also a Himber wallet! Not in the traditional z-fold way, but in a more diabolical way that was introduced by Al Cohen when he had the Shogun Wallet available. When I first opened the wallet I didn't even notice this feature. It is very sneaky.

So anyway, as I already indicated, I ended up purchasing this wallet. I am VERY happy with it. The loads are very easy. Only the ID compartment needs a guide, in which case you use your license of course. The other compartment doesn't need a guide, and you'll see why if you see the design. It is made of high quality black leather. You should use it as your everyday wallet, because that's what it's designed for. It is just a tad larger than conventional hip wallets (about half an inch), but this is good because it makes it easy to use. It certainly looks like an ordinary wallet. And like I said before, the himber aspect is phenomenal. The whole wallet is just so deceptively designed, it will bring an evil grin to your face. It will give you ideas also, because there are just so much presentational possibilities with it.

You can purchase it at markburger.com
or Steven's Magic Emporium. At Steven's it goes under the name of Buma's Wallet, but it is the same one. I actually ordered from Steven's because I knew it was a reliable source. This wallet is not heavily distributed (thank goodness), so those are the only places you will find it. The price is a little steep, about $75, but it is well worth it.

Highly recommended.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
thanks for letting us know about this. I was in the market for the same thing!
Who is John Galt?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Hip Himber Double Kaps Wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL