The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Convention Special Interest Group about Standup Comedy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Hey Guys!

Gerry Katzman here from http://www.standupcomedyclass.com

I'm delighted that I will be giving a free SIG this Thursday in Dallas at 9/10:30 that will give you powerful building blocks for adding comedy to an existing act, or creating your own custom standup routines. I have given this talk at The Screen Actor's Guild at The American Film institute and I think that this content will be even more valuable for magicians.

Getting laughs without anything in your hands delivers the confidence to know that even if your bags don't show up, you still have an act. Knowing how to structure a joke can help your current comedy moments to hit even harder.

The other Special Interests Groups that morning are great AND if you're interested in comedy then please come to mine.

I am delighted to answer any questions you might have, just post them here or PM me. Last week, my student won an Emmy for writing on "Ellen" (he first performed standup in my class about 5 years ago). I have had students appear on "Oprah," "Ellen," "Chelsea Lately" and "Last Comic Standing" and my bio is available at http://standupcomedyclass.com which has been turning out contest-winners for 7 years.

It's hard to give a talk on the same morning as Michael Ammar and Gay Blackstone- so I'm trying to get the word out, if you are interested in being able to do what people on http://standupcomedyclass.com are doing (you can watch their videos) or to just make your act/yourself funnier, then please come to my Special Interest Group "Standup Comedy For Magicians" on Thursday morning June 30th at 9am and also at 10:30 am. I will make it as valuable for you as I possibly can.

Thank you very much,
GERRY KATZMAN
My phone number is on my website should you want to talk with me before Dallas. Thanks
LanceRich
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of LanceRich
Gerry...I'm know your session will be great! I've posted a link to this page also on the IBM Convention Facebook...so, hopefully even more people will have access to the info Pre-Con.

That's at http://www.facebook.com/ibmconvention
Aaron B Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hollywood, California
143 Posts

Profile of Aaron B Fisher
What a great opportunity this is - I hope many of you get the chance to study with Gerry. In my experience, he really does know exactly what he's talking about.
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Thank Aaron- it takes one to know one.
Mowee
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of Mowee
Can't wait...already got my ticket to your SIG
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Mowee- I'm psyched to see you there! Send me a PM (idle you feel like it) with your real name so I can look out for you when I arrive.
Thanks!
Gerry (pronounced "Jerry.")
LanceRich
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of LanceRich
Gerry, Your SIG session was super popular! Lots of tickets are out for you!
LanceRich
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of LanceRich
The feedback from your session is amazing!
Mowee
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of Mowee
Gerry

I was looking forward to the class but little did I know how much information there would be. I still have writers cramp. You provided us with terrific, fact based information and demystified the comedy process. The fact that our class wrote two good jokes in less than an hour was amazing. Not that we are all going to become stand-ups but it helps us in routining and especially as a way to develop material for MC bits when you have to stretch. I am gong to start carrying around another notebook just for observations. Everyone I have shared the information with at the convention was jealous. (One poor guy got in late yesterday morning so he skipped your SIG and he now regrets it big time. Kudos to David and Lance for including you in what was an absolutely amazing session.

Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Convention Special Interest Group about Standup Comedy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL