The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Hey Check Out My Weasel ;) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8858 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Sometimes simple is so much better and especially when it speaks for itself. I do this for kids of all ages. Smile Children follow it easy enough and I always wink at their parents that, "This only works on kids." Of course as they follow along too they are completely baffled and are just as amazed as the little ones. Smile Just having fun. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG-1_ZRgBH0
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3218 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Nice and visual.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
There's a flash proceeding the second change.

Best,
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
With the plethora of coin changes out there, this seems to be a major step backwards. To me, it doesn't even look like the coin you displayed went into the fist.

Quote:
On 2011-06-26 13:30, Rizzo wrote:
Nice and visual.

What was visual about it? A coin "changed" in his closed fist.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jeff Marion is doing this for kids,,i think you should of pmed Marion and told him what you said openly....marion Iam sure would of made a better demo.
any magician could see what is going on,,Then ther are magicians like you that try to belittle others..by your comments
How can you expect magicans to support your cancer fund rasing?
do you really think your effect "time stands still " is magical to us ??. i'ma sure it is for lay folks as is Marions weasel
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8858 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I appreciate the comments here, they are always interesting as to what people look at and take as to context, etc. And yes Vinny, it is nicer to PM but this is how it goes. Smile Still, the effect plays well for kids and laymen which was my real point. Wasn't trying to fool any supposed "experts" here. Smile

Jp, so where is the coin, since I show my hands empty behind popping it into the hole? Smile So "a coin changes in a closed fist" and then I immediately, openly show my hands to have but one coin...So where is the coin and what might the laymen think upon that point of presentation? Just asking but how good does that look to you right up close like that? Smile

And BT I was right up close but thanks for the great insight, but I think you know in real action that wouldn't have happened...I think you really know that from my work. Not much word from you about my stuff until this, and I've had some good stuff too. Smile Thanks for your "best" Ben. Smile I'm sure people can see a lot more in folks by their posts as to things. Anyway, it's all good. Smile Have a magical day and thanks again for all thoughts here. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3218 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
[quote]On 2011-06-27 03:00, jprace wrote:
With the plethora of coin changes out there, this seems to be a major step backwards. To me, it doesn't even look like the coin you displayed went into the fist.

Quote:
On 2011-06-26 13:30, Rizzo wrote:
Nice and visual.

What was visual about it? A coin "changed" in his closed fist.

The hand was then opened and empty. That is visual Jeff. Be it an appearance or a disappearance, when the eye is fooled it's visual
Cyar
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Cyar
I like the "effortlessness" of the performance. You're a guy I would enjoy watching. Engaging, and open without a lot of 'airy' hand gestures.
I told those f***s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I'm certainly not trying to belittle anyone here, and I've seen a lot of Marion's work, so I know that he's very good at what he does. When posting here, you're inviting people to post their input. Plus, my cancer fundraising (which was a huge success!) is irrelevant.

To me, Masuda's WOW is visual. I think that word is commonly used incorrectly in magic advertising. One trick, in particular, the magician has to turn around before the magic is revealed, yet it's still marked as visual. If the coin changed openly in full view, THAT would be visual. But that's just my thoughts on the word...

I only say this is a step backwards because the palm you use to hide the extra coin can be used for other coin changes as well. I think there are more powerful changes and then you can use that grip to hide the coin. I'm not that well versed in coin magic, and I never claimed to be an expert. Claiming I called myself any type of authority... now that's belittling.

Marion, will you be at Magic Live? Vinny, I'll see you there!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8858 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Not quite sure of what you're saying here jp as you've sorta reorganized everything to fit your criterion of what's what or how it really should be. Sorta like someone coming in and reorganizing your mom's Thanksgiving dinner to their particular taste, or something like that. Smile

But of course there are many other changes but this is the one I used for this "kids" trick and it works very well. Not one kid or laymen for that matter ever thinks the coin doesn't go right down the hole, it's never happened to me. And yes there are other changes, I've actually came up with a few of the newer ones myself. Smile Here's a few for you using the same palm (incidentally, I call it the "Liwag Subtlety") in a more "adult" effect. You don't start kids off with War & Peace, you start them off with GI Joe. Smile But here's a little W & P for you... And let's see if Ben gives me his "Best" again. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J7W-5ter1k

Thanks again for your words here, the good and not so good. Smile You can't please everybody but you see others come right behind you guys here and love it for different reasons than you cared to make mention of. No problem, like I said...It's all good. Smile And hey, you never know I just might make that event and then I can show you some stuff in person. I'd love to meet you and show you a few things. Smile

But in the meantime, check out the "big boy" video here Smile very visual with great changes, and also works on magicians as well as laymen, though I prefer to do most of my magic for laymen...Thank God that our larger more important audiences are laymen. Could you imagine if it were the other way around?. Smile

Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3218 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
The MB Transpo. One of my favorites and fun to do.No gaffs needed. Logical, no jerky hand moves or positions. Easy to follow and looks magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Hey Check Out My Weasel ;) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL