The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Identity (orignal effect) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardC
View Profile
Regular user
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
158 Posts

Profile of CardC
Hey everyone, I just uploaded a simple video of an effect I'm working on, it's not groundbreaking but it has an interesting idea. I'm looking for collaboration, or feedback or anything.

I've only performed it for a layman once, and it received rather nice reactions. As of now I have about three variations on the method, but this is the most simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAm9waeSGZA

Thanks for watching.

Keli
be happy
Eddie C
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Eddie C
Not a bad trick. However, the phase where the card changes into the first selection is totally irrelevant to your entire plot of the thumb print. You either need to justify it more with patter or leave it out because it's just another trick within a trick that just confuses the audience.

Also, you should not say out the selected card before you turnover the thumb printed card. You need to add in at least some suspense into your presentation.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Can you describe the effect for me?

Thanks bud!
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
There's already a card trick called Identity by Richard Sanders!
CardC
View Profile
Regular user
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
158 Posts

Profile of CardC
Thanks for the comments everyone. I agree, it's confusing and irrelevant, that part remained from the initial brainstorm session and I haven't thought about it since, I appreciate that recommendation. If I had to redefine the effect I would say:

A freely selected card is returned to the deck where under the cover of darkness the print is developed. The print is then removed off the card and placed onto another card where finally it is removed all together.

I like the idea of the finger print, and of the print moving around. I had originally wanted to take a sample of the spectators thumbprint to compare the print on the card to, but I haven't found a method I'm satisfied with.

I just threw identity on there, I suppose another good name would be "The MAN is tracking you and you're in the system" or something along those lines.

Keli
be happy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Identity (orignal effect) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL