The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Idea for countdown with ipod (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drosenbe0813
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island, NY
405 Posts

Profile of drosenbe0813
I'm not sure if anyone has ever thought of this, if someone has...i apologize for reinventing something...but I needed to be able to hit play on my sound system...and have a specific amount of silence and be able to time when to start a bit.

I use a Maxel remote with my Ipod. I'm very used to using silent tracks between songs. I wanted to be able see when to start my bit. I realized that what I could do was to create 5 one second silence tracks. I created artwork, with numbers 5 thru 1 and then assigned them to the different tracks. I placed the tracks before my 'real' track...and now I have a visual countdown that I can see.

Hope this helps someone.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Wow, great idea. Tomorrow I'm going to try it. Is there a specific size graphic that works best?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
drosenbe0813
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island, NY
405 Posts

Profile of drosenbe0813
I'm using a program called Printmaster to create the graphic, but saving them as png files with dimensions 286x286, which seems to work well.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Thanks. I'll play with it tonight.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Idea for countdown with ipod (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL