The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Watch extreem show of!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
http://youtu.be/rwbwj71dg3g
all I can say is wao
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Holy shizzles.

Is this, you know, serious?
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
No .. just for laughs
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Mediocre taken to a whole new level! LOL!!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2011-06-30 17:04, dahih beik wrote:
No .. just for laughs

It has my bowels moving faster than ever before.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
This is how most magic in asia feels and looks like and IS!

(some exceptions)
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
There's enough "attitude" in that to strip rusted paint off a bulldozer.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
I love the Batman belt buckle.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Well, gee whiz, of course they have ‘tude. You gotta realize the magic is so innovative, original, skilled, and impossible, they have to let us know how fantastic they are, wow imagine how valuable a jam session would be with these with-it, hot, totally up to date young geniuses.

Walt
BaoHoang
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal, Canada
140 Posts

Profile of BaoHoang
Ahhh asians... xD
Montreal Magician Bao
www.baomagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You have just looked into the future of Magic in the 21st Century!
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
984 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
I believe that there are good ones... just that these guys do't do youtube vids. Smile
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I think the exuberance of these XCM--xtreme card manipulators--comes with the territory of being young. The "attitude" that comes across in their videos is little different from the "attitude" of John, Paul, George and Stu Sutcliffe when they were "teddy boys" in Liverpool and Hamburg. In the novel _Shane_ by Jack Schaeffer, Shane sees the cowboy/gunslinger "attitude" of Chris as a liability of youth but which with time will be tempered by wisdom. I remember at an IBM convention in the early 70's one of the youngsters in the close-up contest appeared in one of those "tuxedo T-shirts" that were popular in the 70's while presenting his close-up act featuring the cups and balls. In spite of his unusual choice of costuming, this youngster won first place. Over a decade later he became one of the legends of modern close-up magic with multiple appearances with Johnny Carson on "The Tonight Show." In those Tonight Show appearances and in HBO's "Magic Moments," he was of course smartly dressed according to the guidelines that Lewis Ganson set forth in _Routined Manipulations_ that said "Be as well-dressed as the best-dressed person at the event you're performing at." At least I think it was Ganson who wrote that, although I sometimes get his philosophy of magic confused with Barrows Mussey's.
----- Sonny Narvaez
tong
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of tong
Guys, I can't see what's funny about the video. Can you tell me?
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
It's cheesy. Plus, because the action is done as a montage, the magic is done too quickly. This may be good for about thirty seconds, not 2 minutes and 30 seconds, way too long. Now, if this was used as an intro, then let each magician go into a longer segment, then it would be different. This way, magic is reduced to tricks that you have your dog do to entertain house guests. Not an artistic thing shown on television.
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Nothing is funny about this video .. its sad .
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Maybe in reading between the lines of the comments above I've misinterpreted the critiques submitted. Are the objections meant to address the performers' attitudinal presentation style or the "effects" they are presenting? If the objection is to the "attitude," I think we should remember that "attitude" and ego are what helped make Houdini the superstar he was. If the objection is to the effects presented (fancy cuts as opposed to "magic"), I think we should just accept that this genre is here to stay and is pretty much an evolutionary descendant of the Charlier Pass. The place of flourishes in a magic act has been and will continue to be an ongoing debate that is not likely ever to be resolved to anyone's satisfaction or in anyone's lifetime.

Although the presentation style is not my cup of tea, I still am a little puzzled at the almost unanimous negative responses in this thread. Granted that I personally would not adopt such a presentation style (I'm the poster boy for "old school"), but neither would I have adopted the hippie presentation style of Doug Henning in the mid-1970's or the style today of Criss Angel or Dan Sperry, who is currently on the cover of GENII.

As Tennyson wrote in _Idylls of the King_:
The old order changeth, yielding place to new,
And God fulfills himself in many ways
Lest one good custom should corrupt the world.
Comfort thyself: what comfort is in me?

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Bleh
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Bleh
I thought this is Magicians helping magicians.. not Magicians Criticized other magicians... you Fábio DeRose... I have seen you performanced in in youtube in one of your local game show.. and I wanna say that you look stupid.. pretending that you can scape those chain??? heller.. everybody knows that you were using props... your performance is too obvious... perhaps those judges have never seen yet any escape act... you are so stupid.. why do you think you can already perform better than what David Copperfield does... if you can.. then why I haven't heard a such name as Fábio DeRose.. does any body here can come up a better Ambitious card routine better than what Daryl did??? does any body here can perform original card magic.. WITH OUT USING METHOD other magicians such as Double lift or invisible pass??? how stupid this forum.. I was so disappointed.. there is nothing wrong with the video... the guys are amateur and they are just trying their best... second they are not trying to exposed the secret of magic... they are not one of those kiddy on youtube... I was really laughing out loud when I saw the escape act of Fábio DeRose .. becuase it look cheap... specially they way he presented it... and also whats wrong with a long intro.. or a long montage.. if you are truly a good performer.. then where are you right now.. you all should be performing in las Vegas then if you does.. I must say that Las Vegas is somehow cheap... the cheapest city in the world..... you should be touring around the world with you grandma as you assistant.....

You Fábio DeRose are you good enough to show me your skill... do you think you can already Fool Penn and Teller??? do you think you can already make Lenard Green or Michael Ammar say WOW to your performce???? do you already have your own original act using original method and not copied from Hudini and other magicians..??? you are nothing but a second rate trying hard copy cat... try to perfect your performance before you criticize others work... try to look at the mirror mi amigo... try to focus more in making your performance as perfect as it is... I have seen your performance and it suck I saw in one or your video.. you used invisible card??? so cheap.... so basic... show me more.. something that would make my eyes pop out...

lastly.. I wanna say. that this Forum is a liar... it says in the banner that Magicians helping magicians..but its not.... shame on this forum... especially to Fábio DeRose who perform in QUAL É O SEU TALENTO he looks stupid in that performance...

and by the way.. I was laughing again when I saw you did the Matix using dice??? ahahahah.. so easy... can't you come up with your own.. as in own version??? don't you have your own originality....???
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I’m sorry if you feel that way, but though that some of the comments may have been insulting, I don’t see where doing a counter attack on someone that didn’t warrant it was helpful. Not going back and reading everything I said, but I’m sure that I didn’t sling insults, but tried to give a helpful criticism.

I know that sometimes it is daunting to get bad comments on here, trust me; I have my complaints about it. But, other times, you have to call them as we see them. We can’t always say nice things all of the time. Be polite at times yes, but we can’t always sugarcoat it.

Now, you may come back and say this is the modern way of doing things, but you can’t change what the eye can see. It doesn’t matter what the current trend is, tedium is innate regardless of whatever way modern videos are being produced.

You can’t give a short montage like this tableau and keep going with the short clips without some kind of breakup of the pattern. The human mind can’t process it. It’s too fast and anything, no matter how good, becomes tiresome if repeated too often. It’s not good showmanship.

That’s what was done here.

No sense in giving a counter attack on someone that didn’t deserve the attack.
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
This is interesting! Why?
Just think if there was a presentation like this when we were all starting out. I'm sure all of us have our reasons for "getting into Magic". If you are like me 'Older' I find myself going back to my "roots" to; if nothing else entertain people.
We live in an instant society, for example if you perform a lengthy card routine or a stage effect that goes on and on, we lose people, not all but some. Some performers seem to do their routines as if they were performing for a group of magicians from there magic club. Expecting a "normal" audience to "understand" what they are doing. Trust me they do not, nor do they care. Just look at how people drive.
There are not those many rules in our driver manuals, yet we see it everyday how people disregard those very simple rules.
I was lucky enough to have a mentor when I started out in magic, who was dynamic and very cutting edge! There was no internet, no cell phones, no face book, no 'nuttin', just men who knew how to entertain the masses and put on such a show , that show was burned into your memory, yes 50 later I remember my mentors stage show. Will any one remember these young magicians?
This will pull, like a magnet more young people into the fray of magic. What will they bring to the table?
Thank you Bruce Spangler for your patience and persistence.
Best Regards,
John Newlon
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Watch extreem show of!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL