The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IONIC Force by Ben Harris (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Here is the ad copy:
A COMPELLING FORCING PROCEDURE & APPLICATIONS THEREOF

IONIC is a ranging force, applied with the fingers, in order to arrive at an apparently random (or unknown number). Such forces—performed on the fingers—have been used for decades. Karrel Fox and Max Maven are both famous for their applications of the approach. For the record, Ray Hyman is credited with FIRST applying the idea to the use of the fingers. (See The Linking Ring, October, 1953). Ray’s application was for a book test called “It’s In The Book.”

Here’s how it usually works: Imagine asking a spectator to hold up any number of fingers on her left hand, and any number of fingers on her right hand. We’ll say she holds up TWO fingers and THREE fingers respectively. The performer would take these two numbers (two and three) and reference them to a page number: “So that’s page 23...” in this example. Sometimes, the range would appear to be larger as the performer would offer the CHOICE of reversing the number like this: “So that’s page 23... or would you like to reverse the digits and call it page 32?” (This subtlety is credited to Sandy Marshall).

The IONIC process however, allows you to limit the result to just six possible outcomes!This can be further compressed to allow JUST THREE OUTCOMES, if you desire!

Clever performers will find dozens of innovative routines to use this with. Harris discusses applications with Book Tests, the ACAAN plot, and some very direct "mind-reading" styled reveals. Andrew Brown has given permission to include his AMAZING "Invisible Card" routine which first apperaed in SR3. Find it here with ALL THE DETAILS.

(Please note, if you have SR3, you already have the material described in this pdf. SR3 is NOT REQUIRED in order to understand and apply the IONIC concept. This is a stand-alone forcing procedure.

IONIC & APPLICATIONS is a 38 page, photo illustrated pdf.

Get it here: http://mindshocks.com/products/ionic-force-by-ben-harris
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I have to say, I didn't really like this effect, although I'm sure some will. The method seemed glaringly transparent. For his book test routine, I can think of (and have used) a far fairer sounding method to force the same number of choices, and for his card force, well, I have the Fair. Having to fish two or three times and use two steps of equivoque; I'd rather just use three steps of equivoque and skip the fishing. I like Ben's thinking most of the time (SR FTW), but I just didn't enjoy this one. Frankly, there are easier and less transparent ways to accomplish the effect.

Benny says that no one has published this before, and he's right, but I think there's a reason why. I don't mean to come off as critical, I'm certain that many (if not most) people will like this one, just how I feel after playing around and testing it.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I actually love this. I think it's totally fooling and really one of those "why didn't I think of that?" things. I don't think spectators will be able to reverse engineer this at all. Because once the moment has passed and the number has been chosen, their brains will move on to the next thing which will be the actual effect. If they were to try and backtrack everything, they would have a hard time remembering the exact procedure and it would seem unimportant anyway. Most likely they would only remember that they "picked" a number.

For those that thought Silent Running was "obvious", I think you'll find this more to your liking. It's a very clever twist of an old idea.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Thanks to both of you for your feedback, positive and negative.

Cheers

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
I just finished reading the IONIC Force and I really enjoyed it! The core idea behind it is simply awesome. I will definetly try it out today and tell you my opinion but it absolutely looks like a worker!

Another winner Benny! Thank you so much! Smile

Best,

Martin
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Please let us know how you go with IONIC, Martin.

Cheers

Benny
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
zentao
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zentao
Without giving things away, could anyone tell me how this differs from silent running? Actually rephrasing: I have silent running (and run silent run deep), both of which I love, does this effect differ sufficiently to warrant a purchase? Thanks in advance.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Although fingers are used, it's nothing like Silent Running. I still love this.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Zentao

IONIC is ALSO fully discussed in SILENT RUNNING 3.

Cheers

Benny
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
zentao
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zentao
Thanks for the replies.

The release of SR3 had managed to pass me by - head in the sand for a few months, long story.

Anyhoo, I will get SR3 now that I know about it.

If it's half as good as SR & RSRD I'll be well chuffed.

Thanks again.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Thanks, Zen!

It is definitely half as good (lol) plus includes the IONIC work too.

Cheers

Benny
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IONIC Force by Ben Harris (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL