The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Coincept // Vanish + Change + Retrieve (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Hey guys,

Been playing with a couple of different of ideas, combined them together and added one or two things to them and ended up with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0dN9P-0lUQ

Would love to hear some constructive criticism and some of your opinions on this. Please no exposure, clearly.

Cheers,

Lloyd
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
It looks like your snapping the coin away somewhere. While I may not know where it goes, I def know when it goes.
I think it needs either more misdirection when you do the move or some sort of covering as you do it.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8836 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Looks somewhat familiar to me as to the action...Hmmmmmm, but it looks good enough. Also at about the 1:00 mark where you make the change from copper to silver the timing is off a bit...Brush that up some and it will look much better. Smile

Other than that, keep thinking about things my friend. Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows? Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon" - well said Smile
UK Close-up and cabaret magician based in Scotland - www.radekmakar.co.uk
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On 2011-07-04 14:42, Chad Sanborn wrote:
It looks like your snapping the coin away somewhere. While I may not know where it goes, I def know when it goes.
I think it needs either more misdirection when you do the move or some sort of covering as you do it.

Thanks for a taking the time to look over this and give some constructive criticism Chad. I find that the snapping motion is best covered by executing the move slower, but for camera, I made it a little quicker to not get caught out. It's possible to use the left hand in a false taking of the coin action, this completely covers the moment when the coin goes.

Quote:
On 2011-07-04 16:03, Mb217 wrote:
Looks somewhat familiar to me as to the action...Hmmmmmm, but it looks good enough. Also at about the 1:00 mark where you make the change from copper to silver the timing is off a bit...Brush that up some and it will look much better. Smile

Other than that, keep thinking about things my friend. Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows? Smile

Cheers mate. Yeah, I realized how atrocious the coin change looks. At the time of filming, I was just trying to show off the main idea and I know notice that I've completely screwed up a simple change. D'oh!

Love the quote by the way Smile

Lloyd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Coincept // Vanish + Change + Retrieve (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL