The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Is the MP3 Tech worth it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cabaretmagician
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of cabaretmagician
Hello everyone,

I'm currently thinking about buying an MP3 Tech, however I would love to hear people's opinions on whether in 2011, with all of the other options available (iJet, Axel Hecklau's System etc) is the MP3 Tech still the best option? Are the other systems reliable enough, that you would be happy using them as your sole music control?

Many thanks!
Colin Uk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Colin Uk
Is the MP3 Tech worth it? Yes

Are the other systems reliable enough, that you would be happy using them as your sole music control? No

Heres how I see see it...

The MP3 Tech is made for the working pro that demands equipment that will work effortlessly every time.

Other options are a compromise of domestic kit.

Colin
Magicalpro
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, CO
156 Posts

Profile of Magicalpro
I agree, MP3 Tech is great, I used thier former showtech for nearly 10 years 300-500 shows a year & loved it, and the MP3 Tech is even greater
Kurt "Lee Curtis the Magical Wizard" Flickner
Magic Estate Sale
http://www.MagicEstateSale.com
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1810 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Quote:
On 2011-07-05 12:53, Colin Uk wrote:
Is the MP3 Tech worth it? Yes

Are the other systems reliable enough, that you would be happy using them as your sole music control? No

Heres how I see see it...

The MP3 Tech is made for the working pro that demands equipment that will work effortlessly every time.

Other options are a compromise of domestic kit.

Colin

I agree that the MP3Tech is well worth it and I would buy one if money wasn't an obstacle but I would disagree on your comment about other systems not being reliable enough. I've been using an iJet with an iPod for about a 1 1/2 years now and it is quite reliable. Is it as ideal as an MP3Tech? No but, if you can't afford one, there are other ways to get music reliably in your show. If you can afford it, the MP3Tech is the way to go.
Colin Uk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Colin Uk
I've been using an iJet with an iPod for about a 1 1/2 years now and it is quite reliable.

Only quite reliable.....I have been using the MP3 tech since it first came out it has been 100% reliable.

I can never understand how "I cannot afford it" if you are a working pro.

Divide cost by how many shows you do a year works out less that half a tank of Gas...Plus it tax deducible.
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
The OP never said anything about himself being a 'working pro'. Not everyone is a 'working pro'.

Personally, I have an MP3 Tech and it is compact and reliable, but as Michael says, there are other ways of playing music in your show which are also reliable.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Does the MP3 Tech work off batteries or does it require an electrical connection?

Thanks,
Dan.
Magicalpro
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, CO
156 Posts

Profile of Magicalpro
The way it comes from CES it requires electrical connection, but there are battery packs you can buy from other sources, or make one on your own that have both been discussed in other threads. I always plug in, but when that is not a possibility, I personally use a rechargeable battery pack, a model that I bought years ago to run my Showtech with. At that time Wireless Wizardry(later to be renamed Creative Entertainmaent Solutions or CES) were reselling these as an option with the showtech, it is actually a back-up battery pack mfrd to run video cameras.

I think CES quit selling them, just because people figured out they could buy thier own cheaper, which I did when the first battery pack pooped out (too many recharges)
Magic Estate Sale
Magicalpro
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, CO
156 Posts

Profile of Magicalpro
Also the LED display box that you can order with the MP3 Tech (which I highly recomend)has a battery compartment (4 AA batteries) to run it, or you can also plug it in and save on the batteries.
Magic Estate Sale
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Cool ... thanks.

Dan.
GrassosMagicTheatre
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of GrassosMagicTheatre
Worth it? Yes.
cabaretmagician
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of cabaretmagician
Many thanks for the info everyone! I'll be placing an order shortly.

Cheers.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
And their service IF ever needed in the BEST. I have a showtech that is way over 10 years old, had a very small issue, made a call while working on the road, they had a replacement unit overnighted at their cost to replace my issue. You can not beat their attitude with service. The plus for the mp3tech is the compact size, programs available to work with it. and no moving parts. When we do fairs and the unit may be able to be seen by folks, no one is attempted to steal it because they don't know what that little black box is, if they see an Ipod or other tech device in reach,,, It could or would be gone. You will enjoy it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Is the MP3 Tech worth it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL