The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Sting Flourishes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JohnJoeGreen
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of JohnJoeGreen
In the scene when Paul Newman is doing "Flourishes" waiting to go and Con Mr Lonighan at poker, is it Paul Newman doing this or somone else?
MM - Don't nick the name because it's PP Registered and a book will be out soon.
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I read in another thread it was John Scarne's hands Smile
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
JohnJoeGreen
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of JohnJoeGreen
Thanks Neale. I will look him up... most appreciated. Even though I own the film it does not have anything about him. Thanks again!
Night_Crawler
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Night_Crawler
Neale is correct. John Scarne was a technical advisor on the set of "The Sting", and also his hands where the hands seen in many of the close-ups where it took some skill to perform the things being performed. Here is the URL of a brief history on John Scarne's life that I thought you might find interesting; http://www.kifchan.com/magicians/classic......arne.htm

Night_Crawler

P.S. It mentions the thing about "The Sting" in the second last paragraph.
JohnJoeGreen
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of JohnJoeGreen
Thank you for your keen eye. I have not read it yet but eagerly want to. I've just come in from that bloody restaurant and am having the bath that I deserve.
Thank you Lez.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Sting Flourishes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL