The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » A New Card Switch :: SandSwitch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Hey guys,

I've been playing with an idea for switching out card that's been sandwiched. Here's the the finished result:

www.magiciansnotebook.tumblr.com

What do you guys think of it? All constructive criticism will be taken on board. Please, as always no exposure.

Cheers,

Lloyd
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I dig it brother, but since I don't know the mechanics, at least not with certainty, I cannot offer any suggestions.

Best,
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On 2011-07-07 12:51, Ben Train wrote:
I dig it brother, but since I don't know the mechanics, at least not with certainty, I cannot offer any suggestions.

Best,
Ben

Thanks Ben, if you'd wish to know more about the mechanics, PM and we can talk Smile

Cheers,

Lloyd
richard coughman
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of richard coughman
I'd maybe reshoot it so you don't flash.
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1244 Posts

Profile of Medifro
I love it. Simply beautiful.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27141 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Much enjoying your video grimoire. Keep up the good work. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
381 Posts

Profile of Vincero
I'm a huge fan of your work. You have some fantastic ideas. Great move!

Zac
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
My oh my. You've got some moves! Fried me with the coin vanish. Sweet.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Keep up the good work!
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1006 Posts

Profile of helder
For my taste the Bernard Bilis switch it's much better, check it at 1:32 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rJSmcgJ_wA performed by the master Chad Long.

PS: also it's excellent to reveal a card that someone thought.

Helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Helder....yea bernards is sickly..and its never ever seen!
JM

I do like yours though barnes...its got a very ascetic feel to it.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On 2011-07-08 07:30, helder wrote:
For my taste the Bernard Bilis switch it's much better, check it at 1:32 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rJSmcgJ_wA performed by the master Chad Long.

Helder

Crazy thing Helder, I actually created this switch after watching that video! Not even joking!

Quote:
On 2011-07-09 15:00, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Helder....yea bernards is sickly..and its never ever seen!
JM

I do like yours though barnes...its got a very ascetic feel to it.

Thanks Justin, that's the look I was going for.I looked at the way I would turn a card over normally then worked a switch in to the movement. This is invisible in real world, but the camera is a bit harder to fool.

Cheers again fellas!

Lloyd
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1006 Posts

Profile of helder
[quote]On 2011-07-10 15:59, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Quote:

Helder

Crazy thing Helder, I actually created this switch after watching that video! Not even joking!

Lol

ps: that card routine of Chad Long it's amazing, can't be done better.

Helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1006 Posts

Profile of helder
By the way, anyone know the name of the first flourish/move in the Chad Long card routine when the first eight appear on the top of the deck?

Helder
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
[quote]On 2011-07-10 17:20, helder wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 15:59, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Quote:

Helder

Lol

ps: that card routine of Chad Long it's amazing, can't be done better.

Helder

It can be done better. Not by myself though. Don't get me wrong Chad Long is an INCREDIBLE magician, one of my idols in card magic in fact. But saying "it can't be done better" is too much of a bold statement. Everything, one day, will become more improved. Natural evolution.

Lloyd
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1006 Posts

Profile of helder
It can be done better. Not by myself though. Don't get me wrong Chad Long is an INCREDIBLE magician, one of my idols in card magic in fact. But saying "it can't be done better" is too much of a bold statement. Everything, one day, will become more improved. Natural evolution.

Lloyd
[/quote]

I understand very well what you mean, but the way Chad creat it, his charisma, skill, humor, technique, the entertaiment he provide it's something unique. Some magicians are good at technique but not great entertainers, others are great entertainers but, you know, Chad have everything. This it's not tricks, it's art. And why can't be done better?! Because it's his work, his routine. Others magicians can do better there work.

Helder
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 18:34, helder wrote:

Lloyd

I understand very well what you mean, but the way Chad creat it, his charisma, skill, humor, technique, the entertaiment he provide it's something unique. Some magicians are good at technique but not great entertainers, others are great entertainers but, you know, Chad have everything. This it's not tricks, it's art. And why can't be done better?! Because it's his work, his routine. Others magicians can do better there work.

Helder
[/quote]

I understand what you mean mate. I agree with you as a whole. I was speaking only about the technical aspect of the sleights. As for the performance, this is top notch.

:)

Lloyd
davidleiper
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of davidleiper
Very nice Mr Barnes! Thoroughly enjoying watching your thought processes on "the Magicians Notebook."

Wish I could buy some of that "creative juice" you young guys are drinking! My (relatively) old brain seems to have run out.

Keep at it.

Cheers

Dave.
chr!s
View Profile
Regular user
newcastle
163 Posts

Profile of chr!s
I love Lloyds switch, and Justin, I'm glad the Bilis switch is never seen Smile
"you can't see your own rub-a-dub..."
-richard sanders
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Thanks for the good words everyone!

Lloyd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » A New Card Switch :: SandSwitch (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL