The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » VentHaven 2011 - Whats Happening! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Selberg....
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Yup it's allover for another year.My flight is later tonight so I feel like the last vent standing here at the old Drawbridge.
The final number I heard was 536. It was amazing. Got to meet lots of people. After my show on Wednesday I got a lot of kind words and feedback.
Friday I helped with the junior vent university.
This was one wizz bang event, and the tributes to Jimmy Nelson were so touching. I even met and hung out with some of his family.
Now to head home and catch upon sleep!
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
Quote:
On 2011-07-17 12:51, Howie Diddot wrote:
Selberg....

..... Smile .....
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
MT
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of MT
Yeah. I was told it was 536. It was very crowded I'm the meeting room it looked like 60 or so people stood In the back with no seat. Mark Wade wasn't expecting so many. A pleasant surprise.
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Hey Everybody, Got home and answered back 3 calls for shows, booked'em!!!!! Good that will pay for the vent mouth and new Red & Yellow Smoke Blowing Dragon I bought.
Had one heck of a time. Definitely will be back next year. Tom was awesome on the sound board. Great shows, tons of Vent vendors to buy stuff from, which I did. Why is it I'm leaving with twice as much stuff as I came with???:):):):):)
Learned so much from Gary Owen and Ken Groves. Sarah Jones from Australia was awesome, incredible act, extremely entertaining.
Hopefully next year those that missed this years will be able to make it and we can hit 600!!!!!
Bill
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
326 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
BTW how many countries delegates in the ConVENTion?
USA, Mexico, Canada, Japan, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Kuwait, Australia, German, Swiss, Ireland, what else?
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-07-17 15:50, blueshawk1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-17 12:51, Howie Diddot wrote:
Selberg....

..... Smile .....

With winkers and blinkers
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Quote:
On 2011-07-17 19:44, Budihaha wrote:
BTW how many countries delegates in the ConVENTion?
USA, Mexico, Canada, Japan, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Kuwait, Australia, German, Swiss, Ireland, what else?

Israel--Allan Blumenstyk
England--Nina Conti, Karl Sandham, and others, I'm sure

B
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I am SOOOOO glad that is over. Hoping I can get some sleep now. Had 4 hours at most Thurs & Fri nights - and about 3 hours Sat. night. I'm glad everyone who attended had a great time. It was wonderful to meet everyone - even though I didn't get as much time to hang out and talk. Sorry.

Everyone heard about Jeff, Terry, Jay and Jimmy - but for those who didn't know - Nina Conti, Marc Rueben, Ian Varella, Brad Cummings and Sammy King were also there hanging out and having fun.

The conVENTion is unlike any other performers' convention you will ever attend. At a magic convention, you may get to meet a star at a lecture and get them to sign lecture notes, or see them perform in a show - but that's it. At VentHaven, you'll see them around the hotel, in the lecture hall, at the shows - and they are some of the most approachable and friendly people you could meet.

Those who missed out - start saving and set the time aside for 2012...
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Tom, I was wondering where you were... glad to have you back
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-07-17 21:44, tacrowl wrote:
Those who missed out - start saving and set the time aside for 2012...

Yes, everyone has to go next year since it will be the last one.
Well, they keep saying the world is going to end in 2012......
;)
On the lighter side, you can just put it all on a credit card, including anything you want to buy there, you won't have to pay it back.
:bg:

tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Sweet!
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
326 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
Quote:
On 2011-07-17 21:44, tacrowl wrote:
I am SOOOOO glad that is over. Hoping I can get some sleep now. Had 4 hours at most Thurs & Fri nights - and about 3 hours Sat. night. I'm glad everyone who attended had a great time. It was wonderful to meet everyone - even though I didn't get as much time to hang out and talk. Sorry.

Tom, we know that you were very busy. And we always know where you were all the time. Smile
And thank you very much for your service.
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
MT
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of MT
Thanks Tom for all your help with the audio.
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
Hey guys, I'm back in Singapore.

Very frankly, I enjoyed the convention and it's great to see a lot of ventriloquists there. We are kind of lonely workers here.

I have to admit, I don't know who is Jimmy Nelson but from the series of videos (and my own personal research) he is really an inspiring figure. He inspires me and I know he inspires others too.

Also, great performances other the last few nights and I definitely learn a lot from the way different performers vent their stuff. I am very impressed how Gary Hunter is able to silence the audience with his 2 puppets. It's a feat that only a pro of 35+ years can do.

Of course, I bought 2 puppets at almost 50% off the list price and it definitely cheaper to buy there since I don't have to pay shipping fees (which costs at least $100+).

All in all, I'm glad to meet many people and yes I am considering going back next year.

Frankie (maps), make sure that you join me! Smile
-----

Joseph Then

Singapore Ventriloquist
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Joseph: It was great getting to know you, and I'm glad I was able to twist your arm a little to buy that Alfaro figure you liked so much. I'll be very eager to see what you do with him.

I really hope to see you again next year.

Best,

Bob
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Hey Bob, You did a great job and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and hanging out with all of the Vents.
Bill
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
326 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
Joseph, good for you!
I'm still in Hongkong, waiting to fly to Jakarta in the next couple hours.
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Joseph;
I was not able to attend; I envy you for your very long trip and commitment to the art of Ventriloquism along with your very kind words about the people performing on stage.

I am thankful that you arrived home safely
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

So.....I wonder how much stuff will be coming up for sale as a result of people buying at the convention, getting home and having to weed out something else.....

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » VentHaven 2011 - Whats Happening! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL