The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Adding Puppets to your show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
I'd just like to share some clips from a new 2 DVD set on adding puppets to your children's show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePgMk32voC0
I hope you like them,

Colin Dymond
http://www.aceofdiamonds.co.uk
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
I love the little round pink 'kissy' puppet that was produced from the underside of the squared circle! Very likeable! Basket puppets are always wonderful, too, because they make me think of Pandora's box! The dog puppet is so funny, with her eating the hankies! You do a great job, Colin!
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Morjhana
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Morjhana
Very entertaining! It's easy to be a kid again when watching puppetry done so creatively. Well done!
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-07-12 03:46, ColinDymond wrote:
I'd just like to share some clips from a new 2 DVD set on adding puppets to your children's show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePgMk32voC0
I hope you like them,

Colin Dymond
http://www.aceofdiamonds.co.uk

Excellent work, Colin! Thanks for sharing!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
stevezany
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of stevezany
I just emailed Colin and he informed me that The Magic of Puppets DVD will be available after September 6. The cost will be £30 plus P&P.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I started to add puppets to my magic show 2 years ago. As far as I know I'm the only ventriloquist in my area, so I'm exposing many children to vent for the first time in their lives.
I generally, like to have my puppets perform a couple of magic tricks for children.
For my adult shows, I sometimes have puppets. These puppets do more advanced magic tricks.
wbzwolinski
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of wbzwolinski
Added puppets to my show years ago. I only do a minimal amount of 'venting' mostly my puppets are silent. The kids love them.

Wolly
Keep it Simple...Play it BIG!!!
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Wow....awesome vent skills and great show clips. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm not a vent but have the rabbit in a hat puppet but have yet to practice and add it to my magic show. You are a motivation. Keep it up.
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Wow....awesome vent skills and great show clips. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm not a vent but have the rabbit in a hat puppet but have yet to practice and add it to my magic show. You are a motivation. Keep it up.
vincentmusician
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
141 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
For young kids and even older ones, I find puppets very entertaining. I usually include a puppet in all my shows. Cheers!
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1217 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Colin's routines on his dvd are really good. I modified one quite a bit and the routine kills. I do a lot of vent with my magic for around 10 years, I highly reccomend it, you don't have to be a master of lip control, just be entertaining.
Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida
908 Posts

Profile of Russo
Often I'd do the ABC's with a Vol. and "Rusty" (a 7 year old Rascal, I made 30 years ago). The Vol. is to TEACH "RUSTY" the ABC. routine; A-a, B - where?bzzzz, C-see what?, D-d , E-e, F-f , G-gee wizz do I have too this?. H-h - I-me? no you, me?, J -that's your (boy) friend?, K-that's my Girl friend - (or your Girl friend ?, I saw you kiss her), L-l, M-m, N-n, O-oooooh ?, P-(depending upon audience)you do, you clean it up - Q-q, R-r, S-s, T-no thank you I'll have milk, U-me???? - no Me, YOU?, V-v, - W-w, X-x, Y- Why what?, Z-z- Now say the alphabet- MMMMMMMMmmmm - No - say it right ABC---. A lot more by ply with question words can be done. Anyone Understand? Have Fun, I have for 70 of my 84 years. LOL Ralph ROUSSEAU
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I include a puppet in my shows. One is rabbit in hat. The other one is Axtell's Handless Talking Board. Some of you might not consider that a puppet.
Russo
View Profile
Special user
908 Posts

Profile of Russo
Talking Board is great - at first I pretend I'm drawing a picture of someone in the Audience - then - movements and then I do Vent. with it. RR
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
722 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2021, vincentmusician wrote:
For young kids and even older ones, I find puppets very entertaining. I usually include a puppet in all my shows. Cheers!

What kind of puppet do you use?
Russo
View Profile
Special user
908 Posts

Profile of Russo
I have/made four Vent. Puppets - Rusty, a 7 years old Rascal -made 30 years ago (now sitting across the living room keeping me company LOL). Leo a large Lion Doll with a mouth I was able to made to move. And Louie,an Orangutan (bought). Wish I could show our Picture to share - but I'm Computer illiterate, at 84, LOL ( shared a routine with Rusty in one of the forums ) RR
Russo
View Profile
Special user
908 Posts

Profile of Russo
Found it, "Routine" - this forum - above, July 14, Have had a lot of fun with it - use if you wish. RR
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
722 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Thanks for sharing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Adding Puppets to your show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL