The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » "Perfect Stop Trick" by Ed Marlo (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Hello.
I'm looking for Ed Marlo's "Perfect Stop Trick", which uses 13 sequential card stack(A through K).
My question is which book has it?
Thanks much in advance.

@Jay@
Lance Pierce
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Lance Pierce
Remotea
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Remotea
1tepa1
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of 1tepa1
Is it like the one in Card College vol. 5?
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Thanks Lance and Remotea for a quick reply.

I now know "PERFECT STOP TRICK" is in EARLY MARLO. Or it is the single manuscript sold by Magic Inc.

I have another question. Are the single manuscript sold by Magic Inc. and the one in EARLY MARLO the same? Which is the better buy?

@Jay@
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
You used to be able to get it from trickshop.com as a pdf. Great trick.
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1245 Posts

Profile of MagicT
Marlo's magic is not very practical for performance. He has a lot of technical crap that is not suitable for laymen performances. There are other better versions of this effect that are more practical. Perhaps Harry Lorayne or Paul Gordon has a variation that is better?

Thank You,
Trini
Trini Montes
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
836 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Yeah Trini that's right not to mention a lot of "in-jokes" that SUPPOSEDLY only the SO CALLED "cognoscenti" even GET. Like his "Piano Duet" whose ONLY purpose is to fool magicians that know the piano trick. Movey, angley "magic for magicians": that's all the SO-CALLED "great magician" "Marlo" is good for....

(Unlike Trini who lets his satire speak for itself, I want to point out that I'm kidding here...a lot of people have missed my subtle humor lately and I don't mean just on the Magic Café...in case it wasn't perfectly clear, I am a Marlophile and I love the tons of *practical* magic he has put out.
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
437 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Quote:
On 2011-07-13 00:24, MagicT wrote:
Marlo's magic is not very practical for performance. He has a lot of technical crap that is not suitable for laymen performances. There are other better versions of this effect that are more practical. Perhaps Harry Lorayne or Paul Gordon has a variation that is better?

Thank You,
Trini

Paul Gordon....F*** O**.
So much to do. So little time.
J.CADEAC
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
67 Posts

Profile of J.CADEAC
Not very practical for performance...
Technical crap that is not suitable for laymen performances...

I sincerely don't know how to answer to such an extremist assertion without writing a novel which will have nothing to do with the initial post...
"You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills".
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I do hope Trini's post is satire, not least because the trick in question is self working and is one of the best versions of a classic...either way, Marlo's reputations are deserved. Both a machinistic technophile and, yet, a crafter of remarkably effective routines and methods that are both accessible and commercial.

Oh, Paul Gordon gives me hives.
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1222 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Quote:
On 2011-07-13 08:26, JohnWells wrote:
I do hope Trini's post is satire

It's not, satire only works if both sides are on the same page. His post is not to be taken seriously if that what you mean. Quite frankly the trolling attempts on the Café (which has become increasingly common lately) are becoming annoying.

that said, it's good that the OP's questio has been answered.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
836 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Trini's post is satire. He hangs with Racherbaumer in N'Awlins. He's a Second Deal guy. Unless I'm thinking of a different Trini. I can't believe this humorous bit of trolling got a bite Smile Besides, as JohnWells points out, the trick in question is self-working, making the comment even MORE of a put-on.

And I very much want to meet Mr. X when I get to London, if I ever do. I want to make one thing perfectly clear to him before I do: I'm NOT a magician.
Justin W
View Profile
Special user
Lawrence, KS
929 Posts

Profile of Justin W
Quote:
On 2011-07-13 19:03, Medifro wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-13 08:26, JohnWells wrote:
I do hope Trini's post is satire

It's not, satire only works if both sides are on the same page.

Just cause it don't work doesn't mean it ain't.
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
For me, the perfect stop trick is a combination of a handling decribed by Fulves (in the Chronicles?), with a dodge of Terry Guyatt, which I don't think has been published. Which is a pity!
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
The stop trick is a long time favorite. A precursor to the Marlo Routine, which may have inspired Annemann's version, has been my go to effect for one off platform or stage performances. Ireland's bottom deal handling is excellent. Of course, Stewart Judah's favorite Card Trick has appeal. I love the stop trick.
Justin W
View Profile
Special user
Lawrence, KS
929 Posts

Profile of Justin W
Oh yes, it's a wonderful premise.

My absolutely favorite way to go is the Psychic Stop psychological force from Expert Card Technique. Never fails.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Though it isn't described correctly. It works, but the spectator has to do the dealing. You lose 80% of the impact if you deal the cards.
Justin W
View Profile
Special user
Lawrence, KS
929 Posts

Profile of Justin W
Oh yesss. Giobbi has some nice thoughts regarding the spectator dealing the cards.
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
437 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Quote:
On 2011-07-14 01:13, foolsnobody wrote:
And I very much want to meet Mr. X when I get to London, if I ever do. I want to make one thing perfectly clear to him before I do: I'm NOT a magician.

Woah, does the Café double as a dating site too?

Lucky me.
So much to do. So little time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » "Perfect Stop Trick" by Ed Marlo (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL