We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alex Geiser's beautiful card routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
I fell in love with this the moment I saw it, in a grainy youtube video. Wanted to share this with you guys because I really feel this is such a different and beautiful routine that kills in the right moments. Would love to hear feedback on this!

http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/tricks......ser.html

Thanks!
Alex^
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1935 Posts

Profile of ted french
WOW Alex, that's great especially that last change with the open hand.
P3
practice practice perform.
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
I love this interpretation of Chris Kenner's InTENcity. The sleights, the routine, and Alex Geiser's comments on timing and presentation that he makes throughout the video makes this my favorite download from The Blue Crown.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
My only problem with demos like this is they obviously show how angle sensitive the effects are. That is not a selling point to me.
Official Thread Killer
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Intensity is not an angle sensitive routine by any means. The last change is amazing and you can do it right on front of the spectators eyes. Alex takes you through everything you need to know for this routine, trust me...its 30 min long! You will finish watching those 30 min and come away understanding more about magic than you did before! I know I did! Thanks

Alex^
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2008 Posts

Profile of puggo
I was more curious if this was like Tony Chang's 'Sandwiches' routine - e.g. a 'level 10 knucklebuster' that may be a joy to spend practicing, watching, etc. but is not a worker in the real world (except for the blessed few..).

Charlie
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
To be honest, the only move that has some angle sensitivity is the last color change. Alex goes over the best way to overcome any flashes between the fingers and he also states that the Window Change is also a suitable alternate to the one he does.
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
The last change can be easily substituted in for something else, say utilizing a Erdnase bottom steal...but I would assume everyone would want to master that color change, as its one of the most beautiful ones out there. Alex does this right in front of your eyes with no flashes! Its not that hard Smile

Alex^
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1038 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I've known Alex (well both Alex's Pandrea & Geiser) for a few years now and his work is just beautiful to watch. I remember seeing Geiser at Magic Live 3 years ago and he was easily one of the highlights for everyone there. It was unreal watching him go toe to toe with Rune Klan by the bar in the evenings.

Alex has been sitting on a lot of material but has been hesitant to release it because it's close to him and stuff he uses all the time in his working repertoire. This is only the beginning, wait until you see what else this guy has up his sleeve!
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
Alex Geiser is going to hurt you guys.

:)
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
I totally agree, Luke! I first met Geiser out at Live that same time. His magic was so refreshing that the people who saw it did not forget it...and we're magicians! Imagine how powerful it can be for laymen. I've been doing this intensity routine more and more and have gotten really comfortable with it. My favorite thing to do is to be in a place with loud music, and wait for the right song and start this effect. You'll notice that you can hit the color changes on the best parts of the song more often than not! Just a thought Smile

Alex^
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Magicians should think of what they actually know and can do as a toolbox. Not every trick, routine or sleight is right for every situation.
My experience has shown me that having the best tool for a particular job is what sets the top pros apart from everybody else. I've made one of my goals
to collect the very best methods and routines I can find.

I've been at "the game" for 31 years. When I see "new tools" like Alex's work I'm thrilled. His work is refined and extremely visual.
His work is certainly worth your attention and study. It will only make you a better magician. In the end you only get out of it what you've put into it.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Just wanted to share this interview we shot with Alex! I think some of the things he talks about are really important for making our magic stronger. You can tell how much Geiser cares about this art from this talk. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIi2Z_X2E-M

Alex^
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Did Kohler just call Alex a tool?

(kidding)
Official Thread Killer
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Quote:
On 2011-07-18 19:20, paulvigil wrote:
Alex Geiser is going to hurt you guys.

:)

you mean he will hurt us if we don't learn his routine! haha ...well I got it down, I'm safe Smile
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Will Alex (Geiser) be releasing anything else in the near future?
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Yes sir! More of Geiser's magic will be featured on The Blue Crown very soon! Intensity has been a big hit so far, but just wait until you see what's next!

Alex^
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2149 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I first met Alex Geiser at Magic Live in 2009. It's rare to see someone who has such skill with both cards and coins. I know a lot of people have been pestering him to release his material, and I'm glad that he finally has. I'm sure this is just the beginning.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Just saw this review on Intensity. Thanks Patrick!

Hello everyone I recently got Intensity by Alex Geiser and I thought I would give it a review. Hope you guys like intensity as much as I do. Links are at the bottom.

What is Intensity?

Intensity is basically a couple of things. Intensity is 7 sleights that allow you to make cards change, make cards appear and it lets you do pure magic with out any kind of gimmicks.Who wouldn't want to do that ?! The thing that I really liked with Intensity was how all of these sleights flowed together and how every move you do sets you up for the next one. Very well done Mr. Geiser !

How hard is Intensity?

Intensity is about an intermediate level. Some of the sleights might take you a couple of weeks to master but its well worth it. I also want to say that you might already do some of the sleights that Alex teaches in the video so if you do I'm sure you will get this routine down in no time.

Intensity is not that hard but you are going to need to master all of these sleights if you want to perform this beautiful routine.

How are the angles for Intensity?

The angles are very good but If you want to do this whole entire routine I suggest you not do it completely surrounded. The reason why is because one of the changes in this routine can not be done completely surrounded, but if you do have a large amount of people just make sure there is know one directly over your shoulder and you will be completely fine. Besides that every other change and moment in this routine are 100 % angle proof.

How is the teaching and video quality for Intensity?

The teaching and video quality for Intensity is top notch. Alex goes into depth on how to make every move more natural and relaxing . He also covers psychology and how to build up tension for each move , to keep the spectators interested . The quality of the video is beautiful and very clear. There are over the shoulder shots, side shots and etc. Very well done Bluecrown!

Is there a set up for Intensity?

Yes, there is a minor set up . There are 2 ways to set up . The set up is super easy and can be done before the routine or during the routine. I prefer not to set up before the routine only because I can do other effects and then go into Alex's routine.

Overall I think Intensity is a great routine and I think lots of magicians will be doing this including myself .I suggest everyone take a look at this routine because its so cool and fun to perform. Awesome job to Mr. Geiser and the Bluecrown team I cant wait to see what the Bluecrown has next !

Intensity Trailer: http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/intensity-alex-geiser.html

The Bluecrown home page: http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Wow, great to see Alex's work get recognition! Alex has been one of my closest friends in magic for over ten years and we were extremely close until he moved out to Las Vegas a few years ago. I have to tell you guys, he is quite simply one of the best slight of hand magicians in the world. Anyone who has seen him can tell you that. I'm glad to see him releasing things to the magic community, as he has been hesitant to do it in the past. I will say that he has so much material that will simply blow you away, it's unbelievable. The guy lives and breathes magic and it shows.

It will be a breathe of fresh air to the magic community if Alex starts releasing material. Kudos to whoever released this and I hope you can get him to release more. He will surely elevate the art...
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alex Geiser's beautiful card routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL