The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Well, wish me luck here (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Thank you, D.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
ebusojar
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of ebusojar
Hey Ed -

I'm from just north of Boston, but I went to school down in Providence, and I'm back there every now and then. Keep us posted on when you're planning on going out, and I'd love to run into you on the streets!!

Evan
Evan Northrup
www.evannorthrup.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
If it's a nice Sunday, I'm usually at the Roger Williams Park Carosel Village from about noon to 4:00
After that, I head out to Thayer St. by the Pizza Place next door to the cinema.
Looks like it's going to be good this weekend.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
The park was a disappointment, good crowds but the playground emptied out very early (possibly because of the gathering clouds and building wind). I didn't go to Thayer St. for the same reasons (I knew it was going to start raining any minute) Actually it waited a few hours but I know if I'd gone, it would have started right away! (I am God's personal comedy relief!)
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
AND I've just heard that Hurricane Irene is going to hit the country this week, they are expecting it to push a large mass of moisture ahead of it which should affect the New England area bringing a great deal of rain on... wait for it... SUNDAY!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Oh wait, it doesn't matter because I'm working this Sunday... NEXT weekend I have off, maybe it'll be better.
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
552 Posts

Profile of vernon
Persistence pays off Ed. Persistence. You're doing it already and as you continue, you will carry on succeeding.
I'm in a car with a friend & colleague, from Brisbane to Adelaide after a lackluster week, and then rain.

What may to some not be a $$ lot but any amount is more than you had to begin with.

Thanks for sharing

James James
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Thank you Jimmy Jimmy!

That's pretty much my take on it. I don't believe I'm ready to take on Boston or New York, but I make a few bucks (between $10 and $40) I think I would make more if I persevered more and hopefully I'll do some of that next week.

Thanks for your support everybody, even the ones who chastise me for being "satisfied" with $40 hats!
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2011-08-22 12:21, ed rhodes wrote:
AND I've just heard that Hurricane Irene is going to hit the country this week, they are expecting it to push a large mass of moisture ahead of it which should affect the New England area bringing a great deal of rain on... wait for it... SUNDAY!

Yeah that's too bad; though today was pretty nice. It's one of those weekends where one
hoped they saved for the rainy day or have to try to make it inside...
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2011-07-28 18:18, bluedragon wrote:
Hello Ed.
You sound pleased you made $40, good for you Smile How many hours did you put in to recieve $40? What effects did you perform?
You sound like you're comfortable entertaining children which is great, do you do balloon modelling when you busk?
Best.
Neil.

Neil, I didn't answer all of your question. Noon to about six not counting travel time to Roger Williams Park and then travel time to Thayer Street after things seemed to "cool down" at the playground.

What do I do? My own cut and restored rope routine, card trick, cups and balls and Shanghai Shackle. I might throw in an Egg Bag or 20th Century Silk depending on how the crowd is going.

After surviving Irene, it looks like this Saturday will be good, Sunday is "iffy" with possible rain, but not really certain. I don't work until 1:00 pm Friday, so if I work up the nerve, I might put together a few things that don't need a table and go see what's happening at the Farmer's Market in Kennedy Plaza for about an hour or so (they open at 11:00 and I have to catch a 12:30 bus if I'm to get to work on time.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Well, wish me luck here (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL