We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dichotomy - An in the hands OOTW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Hey Guys,

Just a quick post to let everyone here know that my new download is available

It's my out of this world, I always loved Paul Curry's effect, but when I began gigging full time it slipped from my rep due to the methodology.

Before you click through to the site, here's some quick benefits:

• Easy to do, perform it the same day you buy!
• No stacks or pre-determined order of the cards, they can be legitimately shuffled
• Unlike other OOTW effects, this is done in the hands, so is ideal for walk around performers and creates a great visual for those watching.
• You can still perform the rest of your repertoire without having to switch in a gimmicked/set-up deck – All you need is the Dichotomy deck!

Cheers Guys!

DC
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
This sounds awesome Dee, can't wait to see it !
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I'm sure this is a great effect/idea and I look forward to seeing it.

But PLEASE don't suggest that ANY effect can (or should) be performed the same day you buy it.

:eek:

Good thoughts,

Bob
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
Well Bob, technically speaking you could.
Whether it would be a succesful and solid performance would be a different matter altogether.
I can see what you mean, though. I haven't performed something the same day I bought it yet...
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
You're right Stijn. But from some of the performances I've seen, I'm afraid that some "mentalists" actually DO perform effects the same day they bought them. I don't thinks it's something that should be encouraged.

I don't mean to derail the thread, though. I'm sure that all Dee meant was that the effect was technically easy to do.

Like I said, it sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing it.

Good thoughts,

Bob
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Hey,

Yeah totally - That's just to emphasize the technical ease of performing the effect, as Bob noted, I go show my partner effects that I've just learnt, often on the same day I learn or put together something new, but that's not to say it goes in my actual show until it's thoroughly worked on! Smile

Best,

DC

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
This looks brilliant from the description, but ofcourse the line about "removing half the deck to streamline the presentation" makes me a bit worried. If it genuinely looks that simple, and I can actually say to them "Actually we won't use the whole deck, we could be here forever" then that's ok; but I have a feeling that there is a weakness there somewhere, which worries me.

Secondly, can this be done with ESP cards? For example it'd be nice to have a deck of twenty or so cards, half Circles and half Squares, and then proceed. I think the origional OOTW with playing cards often looks very magical (no offence to anyone here, its just my personal preferance) so being able to do this with a small deck of ESP cards would be great.
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Does anyone else find the term "Special User" to be a bit condescending?
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
959 Posts

Profile of A.G.
You will be interested to now in researching ESP the CIA used playing cards.... people were asked to attempt to sort them into red and black through ESP.

But circles and Squares are nice too I am sure.

People see cards and think gambling/card games , not magic. If your presenting it as a trick, it will be a trick.

and resume.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
When I see playing cards I think of Bruce Forsyth...
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Mmm... Good game, good game. Nice to see you, to see you..... Smile
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

NICE! Smile

You could do this with ESP cards, it'd require a bit more effort, but not much!

If anyone buys the ebook and wants to know how to make an ESP deck in either reds and blacks as Gerard suggested or separate symbols, email DC[at]DeeChristopher.com and I'll fire you over a quick email.

When you read the ebook you'll see why I only use half the deck, I've performed this a lot, and I've never been called out on it, I've also done half a deck as a shuffled deck prediction which is in my lecture and people love that too. You could do this with a full deck, but the deck isn't quite as versatile if you decide to do that. (Trying not to give too much away! Smile)

Cheers Guys,

DC

DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Oh, @Thomas, you could say; "Actually we won't use the whole deck, we could be here forever." if you wish too, it's up to you.

best,

DC

Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Dee,

May I ask, who does the "sorting"?. The performer or the participant. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sean
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
Dee,

Does this work with only half a deck to start with, or does the whole deck need to be shuffled and then "halfed"? I personally hate effects which use FULL decks for OOTW, because the effect goes on for so long. Do you have to remove the unwanted cards DURING the routine, or can I simply only carry half a deck around with me? Smile
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12086 Posts

Profile of John C
Dee I would assume you factored in these questions into the cost of the effect ... Smile

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Hello again chaps!

Sean, It's the participant that does the sorting, it's all covered in the ad copy on the website: "The spectator deals the cards into two piles about equal amounts of cards in each, but in no specific order."

Thomas, "You can still perform the rest of your repertoire without having to switch in a gimmicked/set-up deck – All you need is the Dichotomy deck!"

Dichotomy only occupies half of what can be used as a regular deck the rest of the time.

If you wanted to, you could carry around half a deck, but to me, that appears a little fishy! It's all up to you though - I suppose you could talk about the fact that most people have a deck of cards in their house to play games with... "Most have a few cards missing, they deplete over the years, like one's sock collection... I've had this deck for a longggg time *bring out half a deck to a giggle or two from the audience* It's OK, We don't need the full deck as we won't be playing poker or snap, this is just a test of your intuition. Badabing!"

You wouldn't have to use playing cards, you could use photos or ESP cards or whatever your heart desires. In reading the ebook it should be clear how one could do this, but if you want further tips, just email me!

John, I'm pretty sure the ad copy covers everything really, You only need to pay if you wish to know the workings behind the effect - I think I've said pretty much everything I can in the ad copy really, but feel free to ask further questions! Smile (Outside of "How does it work and what's your full handling?" haha!)

Best,

DC

Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
Well this does look very good. I will probably be buying this when I get home and have the ability to fiddle with my paypal.

Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On 2011-07-18 17:00, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:

Sean, It's the participant that does the sorting, it's all covered in the ad copy on the website: "The spectator deals the cards into two piles about equal amounts of cards in each, but in no specific order."

Sorry Dee, and thanks. That sounds very interesting!

Sean
dscanning
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of dscanning
Well, I have seen a lot of versions of OOTW and I don't think I'll be spending $24 US dollars for an ebook download and not even know what I am getting. Don't you think that your price is a bit high for a one trick ebook? Especially in that you have no video available for anyone to even see if they are comfortable with the handling. Now if I were to see several glowing reviews from other than the usual and notorious shills that have become a joke here, then I might be pursuaded to let go of $24 for yet another version of a trick that I already have several versions of that I already use. I might be wrong, but I don't think your going to get too many buyers, unless you don't want to make a lot of money but just want to keep this to a few magicians. I just don't don't think many magicians are going to pay $24 for a way to do OOTW standing up without a table. I might be wrong but that is my opinion.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1553 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I agree.It could be worth $24.00 or a lot more if you sent review copies to
Bob Cassidy or Andrew Gerard or even Brad Henderson and they were positive.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dichotomy - An in the hands OOTW (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL