The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell Mic Mouth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Wow..Me too

Now I don't feel so alone. I have something to talk to and it answers me back. It says so many wonderful things, I think it likes me!

Haven't figured out if it is a he, a she or an it. I keep asking it and it answers, "What do you think I am?"
A question with a question, kinda like here on the Café.

Dennis
Dennis Michael
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Ha! Love it.... it's got SO MANY new possibilities to be discovered. I can't wait to see them all. We shot a fun video that we'll try to put out next week after editing. Meanwhile, here are some new styles we've made!

More info - http://www.axtell.com/micmouth.html
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Mine is on its way! Whoopee! I'm very excited about this, and will certainly be using this immediately. I'm going to start a new thread for ideas and presentations of Mic Mouth....
Potty Smile
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Hilarious Steve!!! Thanks for sharing!
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Whats the wait time like now ?
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Wayne - I think it's down to about 2 weeks.... we cranked up the production. You can order at http://www.axtell.com/micmouth.html

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
silksock
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of silksock
Sounds great I have been thinking about ordering one just didn't want a long wait time.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Last weekend, I tried using this on a 1 year old birthday celebrant and he moved a lot. I was thinking of putting a pacifier on it so he would be busy. But, of course, that's not possible. I'm just thinking what I could place on the mouth so his attention would be on it. How about a lollipop?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
We will have a batch of these in UK in a few weeks. Email Theresa at order@axtell.com to reserve yours.

Lou - a sticker of Sponge Bob or a cartoon character?
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
What do you think about a Wireless Version? We've had the idea from the beginning and I keep getting requests for it. Curious of your thoughts. ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Quote:
On 2011-10-04 16:17, axtell wrote:
What do you think about a Wireless Version? We've had the idea from the beginning and I keep getting requests for it. Curious of your thoughts. ax

I don't think that is necessary. As the saying goes (K.I.S.S.) "Keep It Simple Stupid". <no pun intended>
On the other hand, I would relocate that trigger at the back of the mic and make it a push button instead of the trigger. That would look less obvious.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2011-10-04 22:45, Lou Hilario wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-04 16:17, axtell wrote:

I don't think that is necessary. As the saying goes (K.I.S.S.) "Keep It Simple Stupid". <no pun intended>
On the other hand, I would relocate that trigger at the back of the mic and make it a push button instead of the trigger. That would look less obvious.

I agree with a button versus the trigger.....I think a button is easier to manipulate without giving anything away........
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
silksock
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of silksock
The reason I am interested in this is because I have used vent masks in the past and I am looking for something more user friendly. I think this is it. In my opinion anything is better than a vent mask. So weather it is a button or trigger I will be happy. My 2 cents
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

The Vent Mask is here to stay....there is a place for that. But Mic Mouth offers a similar presentation, much easier, much cheaper, and nearly as engaging. OK, done right, Mic Mouth will play just as well as the Vent Mask most of the time. Still, Vent Mask will continue to offer possibilities that Mic Mouth can't.
Mic Mouth and the Vent Mask are two distictly different products.
I love both. Mic Mouth is a rather brilliant take on the vent mask, though. I know the difference, but I guess that's the secret, which those who use the vent mask would rather keep to themselves. Yes, the Vent Mask is better!
But, hey, this is all about presentation! Keep it simple, as they say....Mic Mouth is simple.
With the right presentation, perhaps Mic Mouth could be more engaging than a vent mask........(I'm joking...of COURSE, it can be.....)
Potty Smile
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Quote:
On 2011-10-05 17:07, Potty the Pirate wrote:
The Vent Mask is here to stay....there is a place for that. But Mic Mouth offers a similar presentation, much easier, much cheaper, and nearly as engaging. OK, done right, Mic Mouth will play just as well as the Vent Mask most of the time. Still, Vent Mask will continue to offer possibilities that Mic Mouth can't.
Mic Mouth and the Vent Mask are two distictly different products.
I love both. Mic Mouth is a rather brilliant take on the vent mask, though. I know the difference, but I guess that's the secret, which those who use the vent mask would rather keep to themselves. Yes, the Vent Mask is better!
But, hey, this is all about presentation! Keep it simple, as they say....Mic Mouth is simple.
With the right presentation, perhaps Mic Mouth could be more engaging than a vent mask........(I'm joking...of COURSE, it can be.....)
Potty Smile

I totally agree with you, Doug. They are different products. With the mask, you can do longer routines, the volunteer can move freely, the face totally changes and it can be viewed on all sides. For shorter skits, the Mic Mouth works well and can be used in an instant. I guess having both is the best.
Seems that sales in my puppet masks are increasing too because of the Mic Mouth. Thank you Steve!
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
A button would be less obvious... 'cause the lips look so natural... Smile
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Here is a re-edit of the Mic-Mouth Breaking news video... I like this one better!

http://youtu.be/661nN9iSDPc

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Very excited that Mic Mouth will be delivered tomorrow......this one is going straight into my shows, no practise neccessary. I know that, and I don't even have it yet!
I can't wait to use this fab prop, no doubt the simplest, most versatile, and funniest thing available for performers for many years.
I just wonder whether it would work to use both this, and the vent mask in the same show? My thoughts are that they are too similar. But as I tend to only use Vent Mask about one show in five, Mic Mouth will almost certainly play in the other four!
I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed that we haven't had more ideas for this, but I'm sure they will come all in good time.
Potty Smile
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Doug, I'm "stoked" that you are getting yours! I just got this email from Taylor Mason...

Frankly, I didn't think it would work.
I opened the box and I thought, "what am I gonna do with this?"
Last Thursday USAirways canceled flights, delayed flights and didn't send my luggage to Cincinnati for a performance where I showed up 2 hours late. The audience (those who remained) was not happy.
I had no puppets. I had only the "MicMouth."
To say it saved the day would be an understatement. How much personality and humor is contained in this simple-yet-very entertaining device is unknown right now. I'm just starting.
Suffice it to say: the MicMouth WORKS and it absolutely paid for itself in the first few minutes I used it.
Thank you, Steve. taylor mason

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell Mic Mouth (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL