The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cabbage/Cole Slaw Cups and Balls? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yes, I did load a handful of mashed potatoes once. I grabbed 'em off the guy's plate on my left (with misdirection, of course). It was not, however, a cups & balls routine, but a bowl routine.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2011-07-19 22:24, Bill Palmer wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-19 19:13, panlives wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-19 18:38, Bill Palmer wrote:

We load rubber peanuts, rubber apples, rubber potatoes, rubber olives and all sorts of other rubber objects.

Even then, there are loading methods that would allow you to load real coleslaw without it actually touching the inside of the cups. John Mendoza's coin loader is one example. Buma makes a loader that would also permit it. This interruption makes me realize how little some people know about loading techniques and/or devices.

Bill, are you referring to these?:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/product/ball......2637.htm

I should mention that I was thinking more along the lines of the standard sized versions of these cups.

Thanks, Bill.

All interested readers can see your review of the standard Buma cups here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=115

By the way, Bill, how does pewter hold up vs. copper or brass?
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's hard to say. There are different grades of pewter. Some pewter is a bit more flexible than other pewter. The pewter in Mark's cups is generally fairly rigid, but I wouldn't bang on it. I had a pewter tankard I carried at the Renaissance Festival until it got bent enough that the glass bottom leaked. There was no way to repair it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2167 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-07-20 15:35, Bill Palmer wrote:
That's hard to say. There are different grades of pewter. Some pewter is a bit more flexible than other pewter. The pewter in Mark's cups is generally fairly rigid, but I wouldn't bang on it.

I concur. I have gathered various pewter cup sets over the years, all of them with very nice design and decor, but a few of them are quite soft.

I had a chalice that I had bought from a Renaissance faire here in Michigan for use as a not-so-chopped chop cup, and I used to carry it on a leather tankard belt loop. One day, in my complete idiotic absentmindedness, I sat down on a bench close to a tree. No, I did not actually sit on the chalice but it did get squished between me and the tree enough to bend the stem a bit. The pewtersmith was able to fix it, but it took him about an hour and half.

One of the French-style sets that I have is hard enough to do the cup-through-cup penetration without any damage to the cups. In doing such with that set, I never let the cup fall to the table after it "penetrates" the other anyway; I immediately catch it in my hand.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2011-07-18 20:02, Donnie Buckley wrote:
LOL!

3 piles of cole slaw...
e, tell me you're making this up.

Hi Donnie,

It was a story told to me. One of those "you won't believe this, but..." tales.

I felt compelled to check in this section...it is such an incredible repository of Cups and Balls knowledge.
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cabbage/Cole Slaw Cups and Balls? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL