The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Media, audience and vent bit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
My wife wisely suggested I take out the tape over mouth vent bit from my programs for a while. (Due the the widely broadcast and follow up to the trial.) Has anyone else decided to take out the bit. If not has your audience given you any different responses to the bit, other than positive?

Harris
still 2 old to know everything
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
What trial?
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Colin - it was a murder case involving a child. The skeleton was found with duct tape over the mouth. The media sensationalized the trial.

I never even linked the two and see no real connection. The TOM uses thin masking tape - not duct tape. As long as you are entertaining the crowd and not mentioning the case, I doubt anyone will say anything. I'm not currently using a tape routine, but if I did, I'd continue. Honestly, I can't see it being that big an issue.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
326 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
News will forgotten, take a break maybe a good idea.

BTW I finally buy the right from Uncle Bill, giving him his pension fund. Got it from Lee at the ConVENTion and got some advice from Uncle Bill too.
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you mention the case, I doubt very many will make the connection. Those that DO make the connection are likely to be offended by every third thing you say anyways.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Like Tom, the connection never even crossed my mind. Doubt it would cross audience members' minds either.

B
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
I still have chosen not to use it lately. This is mainly due to the fact that I use duct tape.

Now where it that duck?

Harris
still 2 old to know everything.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
If you lived around Orlando or Tampa, it might be an issue, but even here, just a couple hours away from the crime and trial locations, people are starting to move on from mentioning poor little Caylee in daily conversation. The public has a short memory. Sadly, the focus now is on her horrific mother.
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Media, audience and vent bit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL