The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » NEW performance VIDEO of iPredict (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2723 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

This was a video that we shot at the LA convention center during the LA Auto Show.

This is a performance of iPredict that doesn't use a deck of cards, but uses the psychic's (Esmeralda) business card as a convincer.

I would love to hear your comments,
Greg Rostami
Richard L.
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Richard L.
Can you post the link to the video?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2723 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Oooops . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAAnURVqfyc

sorry about that,
Greg Rostami
FredNarlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
315 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
Their faces just lit up when they heard "the 6 of hearts." I did this effect 4 times today already and it's sooo clean. They can use THEIR phone! Great performance video.
Richard L.
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Richard L.
Thanks Greg. I love the new video and the app in general.

Just a quick piece of feedback about Esmerelda's voicemail: Perhaps it would be more dramatic to have her first talk about the significance of the card but not say the name of of the card just yet, then finally at the end have her name the card. I noticed in the video that the specs stopped listening as soon as they heard the name of their card. Just a thought.

Thanks,

MagicR
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2723 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi MagicR,

I completely agree with you. When I was designing the scripts for the cards, I thought of either a slow revelation or a quick revelation that would repeat at the end. So when it came time to record the voicemail messages I went with the fast reveal just in case a magician was in a hurry to get to the punch line.

Now that I've been performing iPredict for as long as I have, I think I'm going to re record the voicemails for a slower more dramatic reveal.

thank you for your input,
Greg Rostami
FredNarlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
315 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
Greg, do you use a piece of card stock paper for Esmerelda's card or is it a much more authentic card with "her number" printed on it? I am asking because I seem to pefer the method of giving the business card first out, speak about her and them have them use it for confirmation of the number they call from my phone. It's a trade off for sure since I think them calling from THEIR phone is just "beautiful" (sorry, no other word comes mind but that one), but I seem to prefer this method.

Have you considered getting some very nice cards made up with her picture on it and all and selling them as "extras"?

Randy

(I have done this 3 times today at Starbucks already...)
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2723 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Randy,

WOW . . . 3 Times . . . Very Cool.

If you go to an office supply store, you'll find business card kits like this one:
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Product......140aRCRD

Here's another routine using the default number that you may like:

Preparation:
Before you begin, launch iPredict, go to Esmeralda's contact, and leave your iPhone face up on the table.
Write on a scrap paper "Call Esmeralda at (818) 850-XXXX" replace the XXXX with the default number. Fold the paper, so the words are hidden.

Performance:
Give the paper to the spec as you say . . . "hang on to this"
Ask them to whisper a card in the deck in your ear.
Have them read what it says on the paper.
Pick your iPhone off the table and hand it to them as you say "this is Esmeralda, and this is her phone number. Touch her number to call her."
They confirm the name and the number to be the same as the paper.
Wait for the gasps!!!!

This is a fun, fast routine because the paper is like a prediction.

You can also perform the above routine with someone else's phone . . .
Have them confirm the name and number, take the paper from them, turn to another spec, and have THEM call Esmeralda on THEIR phone.

have fun,
Greg Rostami
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » NEW performance VIDEO of iPredict (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL